Big Ass #1

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), April 27, 2008, 04:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

I've come across something and think it may be a way to determine an early print.  Please take a look at all your copies of this and tell me if you find any that doesn't have the "MRS. QUIVER" as the last page.  If anyone has a first print, I would be especially interested in hearing from you on this.

Thanks,

P.S.  I think Kennedy got much of this one wrong.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Nobody have a 1st print? or one that doesn't have the MRS. QUIVER" page as the last?

pupirse

you mean MRS. QUIVER" at the last black-white page?

50Cent #II (1st print)

Yes, most of my copies have "MRS. QUIVER" as the interior last page (but not the interior cover), but not all...

Brother J

I don't have ANY copies at all of Big Ass #1. Since I hold out for first printings, I haven't tried to buy any unless they had the white R.Crumb box on the cover...and I haven't been successful in buying one WITH the white box.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Suspicions confirmed, BA #1 1st and 2nd prints do not have the pages in the same order as the rest.  JK's 5th? print is actually the 2nd print.

dr_s

Just remember, according to AHKUMULATE, the white box (while rare) is not the first. Don't ask me what is, since BRuce won't tell anyone.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Weist stated to a collector that the 5th print was actually a variant or a 1st print.  Since I don't have a white box one in hand yet, I can't compare them, so won't state that yet, but will state that a 1st and possible 2nd (or variant of 1st) can be identified by the last interior page.

Brother J

The White box still goes for a premium whenever it is for sale, so if it's not a first, I'd like to know what is.

dr_s

50Cent #II (1st print)

I sent Bruce an e-mail a week ago, still have not received a response.

dr_s

50Cent #II (1st print)

Well, since some collectors out there wish to keep the info. secret and others like me like to share the info., I will be posting shortly a lot of updated info. regarding the printings of BA #1.  Lots of interesting info. coming shortly but for now, I'm convinced (barring new info.) that the white Crumb box version IS the 1st print.

50Cent #II (1st print)

BA #1 (1st or 2nd print?) White R. Crumb Box with glossy thick stock cover and pages out of order (All Meat Comics last), pants green/brown shoes. (Believed to be the 1st print by J. David Moriaty)
BA #1 (2nd or 1st print?) Red R. Crumb Box with glossy thin stock cover and pages out of order (All Meat Comics last), pants green/brown shoes.
BA #1 (3rd print) Red R. Crumb Box with glossy thin stock cover and pages now in order (All Meat Comics last), pants green/brown shoes.
BA #1 (4th print) Red R. Crumb Box with glossy thin stock cover and pages still in order (All Meat Comics last), pants green/green shoes.
BA #1 (5th or 6th print?) Red R. Crumb Box continues on all later printings, glossy think stock cover and pages order changed (Mrs. Quiver last) and continues through all later printings, pants greenish brown/brown shoes (Probable JK brown/brown).  Staple placement variant "A" & "B".
BA #1 (6th or 5th print?) glossy thin stock cover, pants green/green shoes.  Staple placement variant "A" & "B".
BA #1 (7th print?) matte cover stock, pants green/green shoes.
BA #1 (8th print?) matte cover stock, pants greenish brown/brown shoes.
BA #1 (9th print) .75 cent cover, pants greenish brown/brown shoes.
BA #1 (10th print) .75 cent cover by Industrial Reality / Keith Green, pants greenish brown/brown shoes.
BA #1 (11th print) $1.00
BA #1 (12th print) $2.50 pants green/green shoes
BA #1 (13th print) $3.95

But someone who may know more stated about the 1st print cover of BA #1 "was done on a one-up of the ROP DD cover printer, and it has a red box".  Unless someone wants to explain what a one-up is (as opposed to a four-up) and how to distinguish something printed on the Davidson Duolith cover printer?

50Cent #II (1st print)

If anyone that had this info. and selfishly didn't share it can now bite me, I'm now the first to officially document it and your secret is no longer secret. :01_wtf: