Dr. Atomic's Marijuana Multiplier

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), May 10, 2008, 12:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

Anyone have a 1st print of this?  I see Sir Real does, but wonder if there is another one to compare it to?  There is something that just seem odd about where the price is located on a 2nd print, compared to Sir Real's.  Looks to me like the $1.00 could have come first, then someone filled that area in and printed a 2nd print (the black just doesn't smooth like the rest of the cover, in that location.  It looks scribbled in, especially around the apostrophe.

Sir Real, does your copy state who published it?  JK states Kistone, but I wonder if it actually states it in a 1st print?  If so, can I get a scan and also one of the back cover?

Sir Real

What?  Your magnifying glass can't see it?  Hunch over some more...

ROFLMAO!!!

Sorry, that was just too funny.

Okay, I've been through the entire comix with my magnifying glass, and I can't see anyplace where it states the publisher.  And JK shows it as (Kistone Press).  All I can find as an identifier is "©1974 by Larry S. Todd".  I will admit that the upper-right corner looks a little hinky, but I'd have to see a 2nd before I'd make any broad statements in that area.

Here's the images you requested...
Dr. Atomic's Marijuana Multiplier, 1st edition, front cover (page 1)
Dr. Atomic's Marijuana Multiplier, 1st edition, back cover (page 20)
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

50Cent #II (1st print)

Thanks for the scans and info.

This is my initial suspicion.
There was more than the 3 printings listed in the FUG.

I suspect the 1st print had a $1.00 cover price.  (inside covers blank)  As you can see on my copy (that I won on eBay from a seller in Australia), someone filled in the price with a grease pen and also has sticker residue over/under it.
Then 2nd is Sir Real's without the cover price (looks to be filled in).  Inside covers blank?
The 3rd is the the darker brown cover paper (with smaller image) that used the suspected 1st print cover (this one actually lists the Kistone Press on the back cover, this is where I suspect JK learned this info.)  (inside front cover has disclaimer)
4th print is the color modern with $9.95 cover price by a different publisher.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Sir Real

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on May 10, 2008, 02:10:23 PM
Then 2nd is Sir Real's without the cover price (looks to be filled in).  Inside covers blank?

Yes, inside covers are blank.

50Cent #II (1st print)

I won this (below) recently and it appears to be a different print from Sir Real's (above).

Sir Real

Does it state the publisher on the back cover?  What's the size?  In inches, please.

I'm getting the suspicion that it might be a pirate.

50Cent #II (1st print)

50Cent #II (1st print)

Looks to be the later print before the color cover book.
They moved the Publishers Note from the IFC to the back cover.