More sections for the wiki?

Started by Comix Junky, January 18, 2008, 01:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comix Junky

[moved here from another thread by CJ}

Quote from: Reverend on January 18, 2008, 03:46:42 AM
... As for including it in the wiki, I don't think that's a bad idea...
... unless you think I'm gonna do the work.

Go ahead and add a new section for this.
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

Reverend

I'm working on too many other things to do it myself. To be perfectly honest, there's so much stray material in publications outside of the comix themselves that I'm loathe to even fathom the thought of setting forth to catalog it. I haven't bothered collecting these sorts of magazines and unless I had them in front of me, so that I could give detailed information, I wouldn't even bother.

50Cent #II (1st print)

I think it would be a great idea to put all the tabloids & newspapers in a separate section of the Wiki also, The Berkeley Barb, East Village Other, Chicago Seed, Yarrowstalks, Realist, 2 Bit, etc. should be defined in a different subsection of UG's I feel (comix, magazines, tabloids & Newspapers, 1-sheets ie., fliers & posters are the 4 sections I can think of now).  It doesn't have to be done right away, people can just add info. over time, but just the main sections/pages can be set up for that.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Oh, just thought of another, music media (ie., Saga of Yukon Pete, all the Crumb records, especially those of his own band where he did the art for the covers and sleeves).

Reverend

There are also the miscellaneous items like rings, belt buckles, incense holders, money clips, etc.

50Cent #II (1st print)

There's always room for misc...

Reverend

It's funny that you should mention music-related items. I've been trying to track down a copy of ridiculously elusive 32-20 Blues and came across a picture of On The Road Again, a 1971 LP whose cover was done by Rick Griffin (an image which also appeared in Man from Utopia).

I like the idea of listing these items.

Comix Junky

Check out this thread:
http://headcomix.info/forum/index.php?topic=320.0

Before you know it we'll be listing "Stars 'n Stripes" and the Congressional Record.
:wolfie:

Whatever people think is usefull info, i can live with.
But i think it's funny.
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

Sir Real

Y'know, I could see the "Miscellaneous" category being a Showcase Gallery more than anything else. 
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

Rick Bradford

Quote from: Sir Real on January 21, 2008, 11:38:02 PM
Y'know, I could see the "Miscellaneous" category being a Showcase Gallery more than anything else. 

Yeah, that seems like a good idea. No pressure to make it complete, just a place for interesting, related items that don't fit elsewhere.
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more