Amer. Splendor, #1

Started by ProJunior, May 20, 2008, 11:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProJunior

I note that 50 cents has offered one of the above as 1st prize in his contest.  I have a coupla copies of this issue & wonder what sort of shape they're in.  Obviously, most (all?) of you guys on this list know a lot more about grading quality than I do with all the minutiae of various differences, etc.  It's easy to see that my copy 1 is better than copy 2 because the latter has some creases near the spine that the 1st one doesn't, plus its staples are rather out of place, you might say.  But I'd be curious how these 2 would be graded, maybe in the 6 to 8.5 range?  Any comments appreciated.

-Projunior
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

50Cent #II (1st print)

You usually need a front and back for grading minimum, but from the fronts I would say there are too many spine creases for a 8.5, but close maybe a 8.0/7.5 the other I would agree is about a 6.0 grade.

ProJunior

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on May 21, 2008, 12:13:26 AM
You usually need a front and back for grading minimum, but from the fronts I would say there are too many spine creases for a 8.5, but close maybe a 8.0/7.5 the other I would agree is about a 6.0 grade.
OK, that's good to know.  Thanx for the input.

-Projunior
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

Visitor Q

They look to be F, I don't grade on the number system BS.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

ProJunior

Quote from: Visitor Q on May 22, 2008, 01:43:17 PM
They look to be F, I don't grade on the number system BS.
Jason
But aren't they basically the same thing anyway tho?  I mean, like, 6 = F, 7 = F/VF, 8 = VF, etc., etc.  So what's the diff.?  But I gotta disagree with ya on both bein' Fine cuz the first one's definitely a lot better than the 2nd one, so I'd go with 50 Cents' VF & F for those.

-Projunior
:01_bounce:
- Chuck Moulton

50Cent #II (1st print)

ProJunior

- Chuck Moulton