FNBK #7 (Obscure Obscene)

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), May 07, 2008, 06:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bradford

Hey, 50C, is there definitely work by Brad Foster in FNBK #7? I'd never heard of that one...
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

50Cent #II (1st print)

Reverend

I e-mailed Brad yesterday, asking him about this. It's not even listed on the bibliography on his site.

50Cent #II (1st print)

I called Dave Roberts yesterday and left a message on his machine, let's see if he responds and gives some info. on this series.

Reverend

Rick Bradford

Thanks much, 50C.

Quote from: Reverend on May 11, 2008, 08:56:47 AM
I e-mailed Brad yesterday, asking him about this. It's not even listed on the bibliography on his site.

Yeah, that's why I was wondering! That biblio is amazingly extensive.

Reverend

Brad e-mailed me this morning, but he didn't recall the publication by name, so I sent him a couple of the scans from this thread, including the one featuring his art. I'm waiting to hear back.

Rick Bradford

I've e-mailed Steven Ogden as well. He's the guy who initially put together that exhaustive Foster biblio.

50Cent #II (1st print)

I never heard back from Roberts, did you Rev.?

Reverend

Nope. He never got back to me. I'm still waiting for a follow-up from Foster, too. Any luck with Roberts?

50Cent #II (1st print)

Reverend

This comic couldn't have a more appropriate name . . . OBSCURE!

Reverend

Did you receive that copy of Obscure #1 from Slippy Town? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Nope, not yet.  Like you said, it appears he's slow to ship as it should only take one day to arrive.  I sent a e-mail this morning by coincidence...

Reverend

The Denver Zine Library has copies of both #1 and #1.5. I requested scans from them the day this thread was created and just received an e-mail this morning regarding technical difficulties. When I get the scan of #1.5, I'll post it here.

I'm hoping the rest of the books they (Obscure) published are of similar quality.