Are there any gamers in the house?

Started by Reverend, December 14, 2007, 01:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend

Aside from being a movie, book and comix enthusiast, I'm also an avid computer gamer. I started off with a TI-99A, then a Commodore 128, then an Amiga 500 and, finally, what was then called, an IBM compatible XT. There were, of course, consoles thrown into the mix (Atari 2600 and 5200, Intellevision, NES, SMS, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1 and 2, etc.) as well.

I'm an adventure gamer. Early on, I mainly played text and illustrated text adventures from the likes of Infocom and Magnetic Scrolls. I loved to read and solve puzzles. I was also a huge fan of LucasFilm's/LucasArts' SCUMM games. These days, I don't play as often as I used to, but I still love games nonetheless.

Any other gamers out there?

Brother J

I just played Leisure Suit Larry 7 last night for a goof, haven't played it in a while. Otherwise, I haven't spent much time playing games lately.

Comix Junky

:samurai:
I've got just about every Doom cd ever made, :chainsaw: sitting on a shelf somewhere.
I got hooked on  Theif  :creep: a few years ago, and havent bought anything since.
If you're into logic & puzzle games, i recomend these folks:
http://www.kaser.com/
I helped play-test a few of their games.
:wolfie:
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

Visitor Q

I got a Playstation 3, Wii and Xbox (hacked). My 360 just took a shit on me; I need to buy another but am waiting for the next big exclusive for the system. I have tons of emulator programs on my hacked Xbox so you name the system; I pretty much have the rom. I got the full Mame collection as well but am missing some of the CHDs.

YES! I am a huge video game nerd!!

Jason

Ps. Currently playing Rock Band on the PS3, last game beat was Super Mario Galaxies on the Wii.
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Rick Bradford

Quote from: Reverend on December 14, 2007, 01:16:56 PM
I'm an adventure gamer. Early on, I mainly played text and illustrated text adventures from the likes of Infocom and Magnetic Scrolls.

Uh oh, nerd alert! Haha, just ribbin', Rev. I can only cry nerd because I never did get into the adventure games too much back in the day (although some of my friends did). However, I do loves me some first-person shooters. Especially the Doom and Quake series.

I recently bought a Playstation 2 (my first game system since the Atari 2600!) and have been enjoying Test Drive: Eve of Destruction...
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

Visitor Q

If you got a super PC play Crisis, it's the cat's ass right now as far as first person graphic whores.

I recommend Bio Shock, game is superb!

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."