Doctor Visit

Started by Visitor Q, June 23, 2008, 10:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

So I have been invited over to Arnold's house now for sometime and finally put my foot down booking my train tickets last week. This past Saturday was the day, so I jumped a train and headed to New York. Arnold met me at Penn Station and headed over to his Apt. where I greeted his wife (sorry Arnie, I forgot her name). Having spoken to her on the phone before it was a pleasure to meet her, hahahaha and I wanted to see who puts up with a guy like this. ;) At any rate, back to the comix...

So Arnold had a few boxes pulled for San Diego that I started in on with little hesitation. One box of 5 to 10 dollar items I blew right through, maybe 3 magazine boxes and 2 or 3 long comic book boxes. I was simple amazed at some of the stuff I saw in these boxes, titles I have only read about and stuff I have never even heard of! I went through these boxes pretty fast which I could have spent much more time pulling and flipping through books but I knew I had a lot to deal with on my hands walking into what I would consider to be the best comic book store in the world! So after checking this stuff out I turned to Arnold, how about stuff like Amazing Dope Tales? His response was, oh I got a two other "heavy hitter" boxes for you to look through. So out comes two magazine boxes... With in less than a minute I was ready to cream my jeans. The word "Unbelievable" comes to mind. First print Zaps, multiple copies people! Two copies of God Nose first print, 8 copies of the Profit, 5 Bibles of Filth!!! I mean I could go on and on but these boxes, HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

In the end I would just like to thank Arnold and his wife for having me over, I spent 6 hours looking through comic books and I did not even touch the surface of what was there. I will definitely be making a trip back in the future.

Like any Doctor Visit, it's not cheap but Arnold certainly has the goods to fit the bill.

WOW!

Thanks again Arnold!!

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

wpbooks

So....whad'ja get?....or were you just there to stroke the stroke books?...eh? ....Eh? ....EH?

dr_s

It was fun having Jason over even though he forgot my wife's name. He had fun going through some the stuff. Although we had to walk him to the train since we didn't want him going down the wrong street and narrowly escaping from NY  running down the street naked. Seriously, thanx for coming over Jason. P.S.He got a lot of stuff.

Visitor Q

Quote from: wpbooks on June 23, 2008, 06:06:34 PM
So....whad'ja get?....or were you just there to stroke the stroke books?...eh? ....Eh? ....EH?

Stuff like The Man (first print) and Cheech Wizard (first print).

Picked up an Orgasm Review. =] <--- Filth at it's best!

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Visitor Q

Quote from: dr_s on June 23, 2008, 06:50:31 PM
It was fun having Jason over even though he forgot my wife's name. He had fun going through some the stuff. Although we had to walk him to the train since we didn't want him going down the wrong street and narrowly escaping from NY  running down the street naked. Seriously, thanx for coming over Jason. P.s., hey got a lot of stuff.

What can I say; I'm one of those people who are bad with names. I'm sure "Anna" will forgive me. =]

Yeah I am not NY friendly yet but I'm getting there little by little.

At any rate, the pleasure was all mine.

Thanks Again.

Jason

Reverend

Are you talking about the Syracuse editions of Cheech and The Man?

dr_s

Of course and a Bible of Filth . Don't worry, I have more.

Visitor Q

Quote from: Reverend on June 24, 2008, 10:25:47 AM

Yeah why?

Jason

Visitor Q

Quote from: dr_s on June 24, 2008, 10:46:21 AM
Of course and a Bible of Filth . Don't worry, I have more.

Well technically I got the Bible of Filth before I came to your house. =]

Jason

wpbooks

What does the GDr. charge for a dose of religion like The Bible Of Filth?

dr_s

dr_s

Unless you have something I want to trade for.

wpbooks

Lord have mercy! But it's the only Bible that gives me comfort!  A small price to pay for the salvation it can bring!

Reverend

Quote from: Visitor Q on June 24, 2008, 11:58:20 AM

Yeah why?

Jason

I just thought it was strange that you would mention the Print Mint editions as they're fairly common.

Visitor Q

Quote from: Reverend on June 24, 2008, 03:33:21 PM
Quote from: Visitor Q on June 24, 2008, 11:58:20 AM

Yeah why?

Jason

I just thought it was strange that you would mention the Print Mint editions as they're fairly common.

Understood.

My collecting now a days is more of the higher ticket items it seems.  :pimp:

At anyrate, Arnold has a lot of great books for 5 and 10 bucks... Look through a nice long box of them.

Jason