What does everyone do for a living?

Started by Visitor Q, June 30, 2008, 09:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

So I'm curious, what do you guys all do for a living?

I think I have mentioned it before on here but I fix/ service digital copiers, also do PC and IT work as well.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

oldmilwaukee6er

just surfing a little this morning in BZE on the last bit of 24hrs worth of wireless.  we sold the house last night-  woooooooooo!  anyways...

environmental scientist
i am a generalist of sorts (my degrees are in wildlife/fisheries & forestry) & right now i am finishing a 3yr outreach post on coastal ports... marine debris, vessel salvage, coastal resiliency, portfields, LNG development, beneficial use of pumped-dredge material, etc.  i think i would like to do more outreach work in the future & eventually i want to be a naturalist, perhaps as a retirement post. 

Reverend

I'm a web designer for a university, though I've also done my fair share of copy and video editing, as well.

Sir Real

I'm with da Rev.  Intranet webmaster & designer for the USA Headquarters of the largest food company in the world.  Along with pixel-meister and video editing.
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

50Cent #II (1st print)

I'm a licensed Radiographer (X-Ray Tech.), worked last for 3 years in Amsterdam in the Radiology Dept. / ER / OR at a hospital there.  Looking for work now that I'm back in the U.S.

cimmerian32

Head Waiter.  Upscale steakhouse.  Make enough in my 16 hours a week to pay my bills, feed my book habit, and keep my puppy in the manner to whiuch he has grown accustomed ;D  The rest of the time I spend with my books.

Reverend

So when are you going to invite us over for a steak dinner?

cimmerian32

You anywhere near Charlotte, NC?  If so...  come on down!

Visitor Q

"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Comix Junky

I may have mentioned: I work in a fuckin bindry.
I brag about it here, a little. Cus it gives me insight into spotting reprint tells.
But in real life: I Hate My Fucking Job.
I have worked in Letterpress, Small Offset, and Pad Transfer printing.
For the last 15 years i've been in the bindry cus i couldn't keep up with the industry changes.
The jobs i liked most were: pizza dilevery and working in a wooden toy factory.
(wooden factory or wooden toys?) Both actually.
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

mrbillscomix

I'm a Technical Advisor Consultant for a credit bureau/list database company. The long hours aren't much fun but there are alot of fun people there.  Starting my 20th year with them.  I'm beginning to look around at other jobs, something completely different, for a change of pace.  After 20 years, I'm starting to get a bit burned out.

Comix Junky

"After 20 years, I'm starting to get a bit burned out."
I'm not surprised in that. You sold your soul to the devil. :hippy2:

:gun1: credit bureau/list database company :rocketwhore:
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

mrbillscomix

It feels like it too....  I am the source of most everyone's anger.   Someone up there must be really pissed off at me. This could be the background of a new superhero.  He pisses everyone off by putting their name on every list of names that is sold and hoses their credit report beyond repair. Kryptonite be damned, I'll defeat my enemies with bad credit scores.

Rick Bradford

I sell comic books. Some months I even make a living from it!
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more