What does everyone do for a living?

Started by Visitor Q, June 30, 2008, 09:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdcues

I make custom pool cues. Recently started cue with ivory handle that will be scrimshawed with a 6-panel comic strip that S. Clay Wilson did for me.

Visitor Q

Quote from: Rick Bradford on July 04, 2008, 04:04:49 PM
I sell comic books. Some months I even make a living from it!

I often wondered if that was your only job?

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

bdcues

Yes, it is. I was taking care of my mom for the past couple of years but she passed away in May. So now it's just cues and mowing the field.

awillis

Sheet Metal Worker for the last 31 years. Wife owns the business and I'm currently laid off due to lack o' nooky- oops, I mean work.
Read Lost Cause Comix-
"Underground at it's Deepest"

wpbooks

Quote from: awillis on July 07, 2008, 03:59:50 PM
I'm currently laid off due to lack o' nooky

Love that line...going to remember it and use it if you don't mind....after the wife kicks off, of course.....mine, that is....

awillis

Read Lost Cause Comix-
"Underground at it's Deepest"

zazz

I know that this is an old thread,  but I came in late... so.... I'm an equipment tech currently working for ST Microelectronics for about 1 1/2 years. Did almost 10 years at Intel (they suck, buy AMD), and before that 4 1/2 years at Texas Instruments - about 17 years of semiconductors total...... I don't love it, but it pays the bills.....

ProJunior

Quote from: Visitor Q on June 30, 2008, 09:54:23 AM
So I'm curious, what do you guys all do for a living?
Jason

Just caught this thread but I've been offline more than on the past few months.  Anyway, I'm semi-retired now but since 1991 I've been a Japanese document translator, 12 yrs. as a freelancer working at home & 5 yrs. as an in-house translator working for a Japanese co. in the San Francisco Bay area.  People send me docs. in Japanese, I translate them & send them back.  Before that I was a teacher, mostly college.  Taught Japanese & before that English as a 2nd language (ESL).  Lived in Japan doing that for 8 yrs.
-Projunior
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

Visitor Q

Moshi Moshi

A really wish I knew Japanese but I hear it is a hard language to learn.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

zazz

I lived in Japan for about 4 months - transfered from the USS Towers to the USS Knox and rotated back to Long Beach.... I picked up a couple of things, but I remember it being pretty hard. Awesome country though! Lots of things to do and see....