Ones that got away...

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), January 02, 2008, 11:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend

I agree. Almost a year ago, I got a brand new, unread copy of Baloney Moccasins for $70 and a brand new, unread copy Black Laughter for $35. There are a bunch of others, but those are the first two that spring to mind given how beautiful they are.

I've also found reams of rare British comix, not affordably priced, mind you, but found them, which is saying a lot. If not for Abe, my want list would be twice as long as it is now.

bdcues

And what is "Supposed Value"? The value of anything is what someone else is willing to pay for it. ABE is convienent, if sometimes overpriced, when the seller is paying 15% selling fees, and beats the hell out of waiting for a book your interested in coming up on ebay and hoping you can snipe it cheap. We have all paid too much or too little, it is part of the game. As the Rev says, sometimes it's nice just to be able to find something your looking for.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Brother J

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on September 10, 2008, 10:35:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:11&Item=120301630407

Makes me think the recession has hit hard...

Even I probably would have bid on it at that price, if I had known about it. It didn't come up in my search.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Brother J

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on September 11, 2008, 10:21:14 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180285999166&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:1123

Damn, this one would have been a nice one...

poor choice of category by the seller prevented me from seeing that one. Just glad I already have a copy or I would be more upset that I missed it.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Visitor Q

"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

50Cent #II (1st print)

50Cent #II (1st print)

Visitor Q

That looks better than VG+ too.

Wish I had saw that one. =/ Oh well, they'll be more. =]
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."