Kennedy Guide Numbers

Started by Visitor Q, March 18, 2008, 10:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

Since JK doesn't signify printings in his guide, how about this only for listings with more than one printing:  ie., Jiz = JK.1068.1 (for the 1st print), JK.1068.2 (for the 2nd print), etc...

Another suggestion is for same printings but different types, ie., Journal of Popular Culture #1 = JK.1078.A for unnumbered version,  JK.1078.B for artists version Y,G,B,B, and JK.1078.C for artists version Y,P,B,R,B.

If there is one with both then it's easily read as JK.XXXX.1.B

dr_s

Keep it the way it is. In the title, put down the print (1st is assumed) or the variation. If I want to eBay and use a JK number, I don't need numbers that don't exist. Also, it gets complicated for a newbie. I don't know what you are talking about when you say Artist's version YGBB and YPRB. And I gots all 3 editions.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Easier than writing each color out, just check the Kennedy...

Visitor Q

Quote from: dr_s on March 22, 2008, 03:09:41 PM
Keep it the way it is. In the title, put down the print (1st is assumed) or the variation. If I want to eBay and use a JK number, I don't need numbers that don't exist. Also, it gets complicated for a newbie. I don't know what you are talking about when you say Artist's version YGBB and YPRB. And I gots all 3 editions.

+1

We can always alter it later if we see fit to do so.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Reverend

I'm glad ye like it!  :biggrin:

I'll start adding the numbers.

Edit: So, I started adding the numbers and they just didn't look right to me as part of the hypertext, so I pulled them out and put them before the titles themselves, which seems less distracting and adds more emphasis to the title, rather than the number. Before I continue, please share your thoughts.

Visitor Q

Pefecto!

Keep Going!!  :01_bounce:

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

50Cent #II (1st print)

Agreed, looks better without it in the hypertext.

Comix Junky

Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

Rick Bradford

Quote from: Comix Junky on March 20, 2008, 08:32:52 PM
Quote from: Rick Bradford on March 20, 2008, 03:21:34 PM
But then you'd end up reassigning numbers all the time, wouldn't you?
But i said: "With plenty of gaps to fill in." Check my exsample.

Well, sure, you can leave gaps. But how to determine how many gaps to leave? If you leave too many you'll forever have gaps in the numbering and if you leave too few you'll eventually have to either reassign some numbers or leave something out of the wiki.
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

Comix Junky

(I'm not really arguing for it, but just for the sake of discussion...)
I don't see, too many gaps, as a problem.
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

Visitor Q

Gaps look fine to me, it's easy to see what is not in the guide and new.

Jason

Reverend

I like the gaps, for the exact reason Jason stated above—it shows what's new.

I see someone entered the guide numbers for the "All New Underground Comix" series under the As, as follows:

[JK.0044] All Girl Thrills (Print Mint, 1970) $0.50
[JK.0112] All New Underground Comix #1 - Armageddon (#1) (Last Gasp Inc., 1972) $0.50
[JK.1007] All New Underground Comix #2 - Hot Crackers (Last Gasp Eco-Funnies, 1972) $0.50
[JK.0983] All New Underground Comix #3 - High School Funnies/The Mountain (Last Gasp Eco-Funnies, 1973) $0.50
[JK.0262] All New Underground Comix #4 - Big League Laffs (Last Gasp Eco-Funnies, 1973) $0.50
[JK.2077] All New Underground Comix #5 - Two Fisted Zombies (Last Gasp Eco-Funnies, 1973) $0.50
[JK.0045] All-Night Comics #1: The 4th of July Massacre (All-Night Comics, 1982) $2.00

I included the comics before and after to show sequence. Kennedy numbers them by their subtitles, so I was wondering if we shouldn't do the same, thus omitting the numbers here. I suggest this because it shatters the flow of the numbering. I would simply remove the numbers, here, make "All New Underground Comix #x" flat text, leaving "— see x-name", which would be hypertext. I changed the first title for illustrative purposes.

I've also put the #1, in Armageddon #1, in parentheses because, technically, it's an un-numbered issue.

50Cent #II (1st print)

We've forgotten about the groundlevel comix at the back of the JK.  I've started to add those and since the numbers overlap, I've made the Ground Level signified like this JKg.017 for JayKennedy"groundlevel".000 (since there is only about 200 of them we don't need 4 digits and with 3 digits + the g there is the same total of 6 spaces plus the "." is used).

50Cent #II (1st print)

I finished adding all the JK groundlevel books to the Wiki (except the Cerebus series and Swords of Cerebus, as I'm sure these are now considered independent, but if anyone thinks they should be added they can do it), I'll slowly start working on finishing Dr_S A scans now...