Poopsheet relaunches as mini-comix history resource

Started by Rick Bradford, December 27, 2007, 02:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bradford

As announced this past weekend at Midnight Fiction, the Poopsheet site has been revamped and relaunched as a mini-comics history resource.

Below is the official announcement, thanks to Richard Krauss. Please feel free to distribute and I hope you'll check out the new site.

Poopsheet Foundation Website Revamp
Rick Bradford has just completed a major revamp of the Poopsheet Foundation website. Besides offering the web's best selection of collector's mini-comics for sale, Bradford has added a section on mini-comics history and a cover gallery. As Bradford explains, "I've felt for a long time that both the history and evolution of the mini-comic need to be more aggressively documented and easily accessible. Over the years I've been greatly inspired by the research of folks such as Bruce Chrislip, Gary Usher, Dale Luciano, Jay Kennedy and Mal Burns (not to mention Clay Geerdes and anybody else who has contributed to the documentation of the scene past or present) and I want to do my part."

Poopsheet's new history section includes bibliographies for Mike Cody, David Miller, John Porcellino, and Souther Salazar, plus a biography on Michael Roden. Bradford's also republished several articles by Tom Spurgeon; a 1991 letter from Jay Kennedy in which he describes his plans for the second edition of his Official Underground and Newave Price Guide; and publisher's indexes for Wow Cool, Comix World, and Starhead Comix.

The new Gallery section provides over 700 mini-comics covers from Anthrax Press, Bruce Chrislip, Comix World, Dada Gumbo Press, Everyman Studios, No Way Comix, Ozone, Phantasy Press, Slice o' Life Press, Starhead Comix, Wow Cool, and XEX Graphix! Bradford adds, "My intention for the new Poopsheet site is to collect as much relevant information as possible and make it available to all interested parties (collectors, fans, researchers). To that end, I'm certainly open to submissions and suggestions, corrections and additions to the existing content, as well as any cover scans missing from the gallery."

When asked about the site's registration option, Bradford explains, "Although the new site was built on the Ning social network platform and signing up with Ning is an option, registration is not required. The Poopsheet site itself may be freely enjoyed without signing up." The new Poopsheet site is a great resource and archive on the history of mini-comics, and Bradford's blog entries on the home page also provide news of current projects being developed and published by today's mini-comics cartoonists.

Perhaps the best news about the revamped Poopsheet Foundation website is that it's just getting started. Bradford has lots more planned, so if you're into minis, underground, self-published, and alternative comics, start making it a regular visit!

www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

Rick Bradford

Recent updates:

In the Cover Gallery: seven new scans in the Reference category.

In the History Archive: profile and bibliography for Kevin Collier

50Cent #II (1st print)

Looking good, Rick.  Really like the updated site and the new emphasis on the history of NW Comix.

Visitor Q

I have always been a fan of the site, looks good. Please feel free to add to the Wiki. ;)

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Reverend

I've already learned something! I knew Jane Oliver had passed away, though I didn't know how. Sadly, someone who knew her at one point in time told me that she may have died of AIDS, due to her interest in vampirism (Blood. Get it?). What a fucked-up assumption to make.

Keep up the good work, Rick!

Rick Bradford

Rick Bradford

Recent updates:

New in the History Archive:
• Jane J. Oliver obituary by Steve Willis in "Articles"
• "Comix World / Wave by year" added to "Publisher Output"
• "Comix World / Wave by series / format" updated in "Publisher Output"

New in the Cover Gallery:
• five scans in "Bruce Chrislip"

Rick Bradford

Site updates:

City Limits Gazette indexes for 1991-1992 (Steve Willis run) in "Articles"
• Brad Foster profile from City Limits Gazette (1992) in "Articles"

• 19 Cascade Comix Monthly scans in "Everyman Studios" (thanks to Richard Krauss)

over40artist

Man, I love Cascade Comix Monthly. Glad to see you have completed the run. You're doing a great job on your revamped site, Rick.

Visitor Q

I agree, Cascade Comix is great! I got the run including the reprints I like it so much. :)

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Rick Bradford

Site updates:

The new forums have gone live! Come on over and chew the fat, won't you?

• Bruce Sweeney profile from City Limits Gazette
White Buffalo Gazette bibliography 1996-2007
• Rick McCollum bibliography
• Bob Vojtko bibliography
Comix World newsletter logo artists

• 15 scans in "Everyman Studios" (thanks to Richard Krauss)
• 1 scan in "Reference"