Anyone seen these before?

Started by Visitor Q, March 11, 2008, 11:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

Is anyone familiar with the following titles or have pictures of them? I am considering purchasing them site unseen.

Art Police Digest #1
Art Police Digest #9
Art Police Digest #29
Art Police Digest 1986
Blown Away
Dummy #2
Dummy #3
Eyes Front
Ferret #9 "Gory Days"
Flatlands
Leftovers
The Life and Times of Joey Tomorrow
Mondo
Pissing Dog
Prime Evil
Rump #1
Rump #4
Rump #8
Rump #9
Scary Tales #1
St. Ink #1
St. Ink #2
Three Mile Island Family

Thanks.
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Reverend

The only ones that jump out at me are the Art Police titles and Blown Away. I'm not really a big fan of Art Police in general, so don't ask me about those. Blown Away is a Roger May mini of which there are several versions. It's basically a series of single page illustration of a woman giving a blowjob until the man climaxes at the end. Not really that impressive.

Visitor Q

Quote from: Reverend on March 11, 2008, 11:39:50 AM
Blown Away is a Roger May mini of which there are several versions. It's basically a series of single page illustration of a woman giving a blowjob until the man climaxes at the end. Not really that impressive.

LOL!

Thanks for the info..

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Reverend

My pleasure. :laughing7:

I've had a purple version as well as a brown version. I think I may still have the brown, in which case I'll scan it in. Roger May is one of those guys that reprints his material many times over, making true firsts sometimes very difficult to distinguish.

Visitor Q

Quote from: Reverend on March 11, 2008, 12:34:21 PM
My pleasure. :laughing7:

I've had a purple version as well as a brown version. I think I may still have the brown, in which case I'll scan it in. Roger May is one of those guys that reprints his material many times over, making true firsts sometimes very difficult to distinguish.

You think for 3... 4 bucks a pop (hahaha) the above are worth it?

Jason

Reverend

It's really hard to say, not knowing what the other stuff is. I'd say the ones I mentioned are easily worth that, but the other titles could be junk.

MSU has entries for 3 Mile Island Family and Pissing Dog:

Atomic Comix.

Atomic Comix Own Pissing Dog. -- Gainesville, FL : Atomic
Comix, 1986. -- 8 p. : ill. ; 22 cm. -- By Nimrod. -- Other
title: Pissing Dog Comix #1. -- Funny animal new wave
minicomic.
-----------------------------------------------------
Atomic Comix.

Atomic Comix Present the 3 Mile Island Family. --
Gainesville, FL : Atomic Comix, 1986. -- 8 p. : ill. ; 22
cm. -- By Nimrod. -- New wave minicomic about the nuclear
accident at Three Mile Island, Pennsylvania.

I'd be curious to see what those two look like.

Visitor Q

dr_s

The Rumps are a 70s humor mag. 2 issues have bootleg reprints of Corben stories. I would say they are worth $20-430 for the lot.
I may need some of the art police and would trade for any I need. $5-420 for the Blown Away. Leftovers sound familiar, but I can't place it in my mind. Is it Cerebus 2 (not the Aardvark)? $4-$20 if it is. The rest, if not in Kennedy sound like pay the $4 each if you want them for your collection, but not for resale. At $4 each that's $92. The Art Police might be worth $150 or so, so you have to decide. Sounds like a lot worth $250 tops.

Actually, I thought it was Art Police Comics. Are you sure about the digest part? Digest is not in Kennedy which would lower the value. But what the heck, why are you thinking about $4 a book if it is for yourself?

Visitor Q

Quote from: dr_s on March 11, 2008, 01:12:43 PM
The Rumps are a 70s humor mag. 2 issues have bootleg reprints of Corben stories. I would say they are worth $20-430 for the lot.
I may need some of the art police and would trade for any I need. $5-420 for the Blown Away. Leftovers sound familiar, but I can't place it in my mind. Is it Cerebus 2 (not the Aardvark)? $4-$20 if it is. The rest, if not in Kennedy sound like pay the $4 each if you want them for your collection, but not for resale. At $4 each that's $92. The Art Police might be worth $150 or so, so you have to decide. Sounds like a lot worth $250 tops.

Actually, I thought it was Art Police Comics. Are you sure about the digest part? Digest is not in Kennedy which would lower the value. But what the heck, why are you thinking about $4 a book if it is for yourself?

I guess because I am unsure what I am buying. About 95% of these titles do not ring a bell.

Thanks for the info..

Jason

Reverend

MSU is Michigan State University (Library).

Are you sure Digest isn't in Kennedy? I could've sworn that it was.

Visitor Q

Quote from: Reverend on March 11, 2008, 02:06:04 PM
MSU is Michigan State University (Library).

Are you sure Digest isn't in Kennedy? I could've sworn that it was.

Ahhh ok.

As far as the Kennedy stuff goes I have not looked myself (yet).

Jason

50Cent #II (1st print)

Art Police Digest #1 is listed in Kennedy.

Visitor Q

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on March 11, 2008, 02:29:29 PM
Art Police Digest #1 is listed in Kennedy.

So is there a digest version then as well as the regular issues or?

Jason

Reverend

There's all sorts of Art Police stuff: Comics, Digest, Express, Journal, etc.

dr_s

My eyesight is going, so reading Kennedy is a problem. I don't recognize digest, although I have several Art Police. I may or may not have them, but I assume they are in Kennedy if they are 1982 or earlier and 50 cents says it's so.