Front and Back cover scans?

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), March 06, 2008, 01:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

I think it might be a good idea to eventually add also back cover scans to the Wiki.  This might show off some of the nice back cover art as well as help to figure out differences in printings.

Comix Junky

Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

Sir Real

Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

over40artist

A lot of the back covers were awesome. I would love to see them included.

1stComix had back cover scans for all of his comix on his now-defunct web site. Smart move. I have not routinely scanned back covers of my collection and now I regret it, even though it would have doubled the work.

Rick Bradford

Quote from: over40artist on March 16, 2008, 06:43:02 AM
even though it would have doubled the work.

I think this is the key. If it were me doing the work (for the wiki) I'd only scan back covers that are relevant to determining printing. And maybe the occasional back cover that's particularly spectacular. But anybody who gets themselves into the habit of including back covers in their entries is also slowing down the entry process and essentially getting less work done.

Not that it matters to me, of course! And if somebody else is doing the work (ha!) then I agree that it'd be cool to see back covers too...
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

Visitor Q

The question is though, do we have the space CJ to add back covers?

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Comix Junky

Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.