Wiki Scan Size Limited

Started by Visitor Q, April 10, 2008, 04:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

Can we limited the size of the scans in the Wiki, this is way too freakin' big IMO!

http://headcomix.info/wiki/doku.php?id=artpolice_express_2

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Reverend

Yikes! I'm running 1200 x 1600 and it's off my screen.

Visitor Q

I hear ya!

CJ, can this be limited?

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Comix Junky

I found a way to limit the file size (bytes), but not by pixels.
By editing a config file.
It would easyier (safer) to just ask folks to limit thier images to ??? x ???.
IMHO i prefer too big over too small.
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Was there an agreed size?  I've resized all the scans I got from Arnie to a max. ???x768.  Someone right a tutorial on how to make it so there is a thumbnail that expands when you click it.  I thought it might do this automatically, but it doesn't.

Visitor Q

A write up would be good.

Jason

dr_s

I would do it, but making the scans and naming them is a chore. My old scanner let me do the size and names with ease, although the scan took longer. My new computer took me 3 weeks and several update downloads to make my scanner compatible. But I can't name each scan as I scan and resizing is hit or miss. If I was doing 10 scans that would be ok but so far I did about 100 As with more to come. Then there are the Bs etc, etc, etc. Thanx for you guys helping out and making this a true team effort.  Doc

Visitor Q

Quote from: dr_s on April 10, 2008, 11:39:32 PM
I would do it, but making the scans and naming them is a chore. My old scanner let me do the size and names with ease, although the scan took longer. My new computer took me 3 weeks and several update downloads to make my scanner compatible. But I can't name each scan as I scan and resizing is hit or miss. If I was doing 10 scans that would be ok but so far I did about 100 As with more to come. Then there are the Bs etc, etc, etc. Thanx for you guys helping out and making this a true team effort.  Doc

I got a program that resizes all your scans with a push of a single button; it's not an issue here. I just need an agreed to size.

Jason