Wiki Page Layout (Dr. S . & VQ) Project

Started by Visitor Q, June 11, 2008, 02:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Real

Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

Visitor Q

So I see... Well let me work on what I think looks best and then me and you will compare notes.  :five:

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Visitor Q

I updated the entry again and removed the boxes from around the pictures and tells.

http://headcomix.info/wiki/doku.php?id=amazing_dope_tales

Any other suggestions as I think I am pretty close to the look and information for each entry that I am after.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

wpbooks

The layout and info in that example seem pretty succinct to me.  I guess some space would be needed if the points were located within the book or the indicia on the ifc, or some weird ad variant, but overall it's a really nice template.  You done good, sir!

50Cent #II (1st print)

Looks good to me.  Is it possible to put the back cover scan next to (to the right) the front instead of below?

Visitor Q

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on June 12, 2008, 12:56:32 PM
Looks good to me.  Is it possible to put the back cover scan next to (to the right) the front instead of below?

Hows dis masta?  :icon_rr: :whip2:

http://headcomix.info/wiki/doku.php?id=amazing_dope_tales

Jason

50Cent #II (1st print)

I LIKE IT A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.  (Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber)
I think it looks better when you can see all the info. on one screen and with the covers that spread across the whole book it will look better also.  You others agree?
Thanks,

Visitor Q

I think it looks GgggggggggggggggggggREAT!

Jason

Sir Real

About the only thing I would suggest probably can't be done.  I'll have to check the "Help" files to see if such coding exists.

Constrain the Titling column to a specific width.
Expand the info column to a percentage of the available screen.
Make the info column word-wrap within the available space.

Nope.  That stuff isn't supported.  Now I'm looking through some wiki plugins.

Reverend

Visitor Q

So are we done here? I will get the template sorted out...

Jason

50Cent #II (1st print)

I doubt it would be easy, but is there some way that when you upload a cover scan that it will automatically make it a clickable thumbnail and post the thumbnail instead of the full size scan?

Visitor Q

Sir Real

Let me look into that.  Seems to me I saw a plug-in somewhere in relation to that.

Sir Real

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on June 12, 2008, 03:33:44 PM
I doubt it would be easy, but is there some way that when you upload a cover scan that it will automatically make it a clickable thumbnail and post the thumbnail instead of the full size scan?

As of this date, and the available information, no.

<shrug>  Without some online automated application, I don't see it happening on this Wiki.