Caliber presents...

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), August 01, 2008, 12:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

Not really underground, but... (I just got a group of these).

For those of you that collect the Dead World series, you might want to check out the Caliber presents series (there was 24 issues), besides it having Tim Vigil art and the first appearances of the Crow.  Also you might want to check out A Christmas Caliber too.

Brother J

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on August 01, 2008, 12:17:31 AM
Not really underground, but... (I just got a group of these).

For those of you that collect the Dead World series, you might want to check out the Caliber presents series (there was 24 issues), besides it having Tim Vigil art and the first appearances of the Crow.  Also you might want to check out A Christmas Caliber too.

I've got both the first appearance of the Crow and the Caliber Christmas thing (which also has a Crow story). Like you said, not undergrounds. I always felt these were good books to have if you have an eye for comics going up in value because the first movie was so good. The later movies never quite stood up, although Iggy Pop is pretty good as a villain in the City of Angels movie.

Reverend

If Brandon Lee hadn't died, I'm sure the Crow franchise would've had at least one more successful movie, probably two.

Visitor Q

Caliber presents has some good issues but its more or less hti and miss for me.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

50Cent #II (1st print)

Is there a list of Crow appearances, I know Story part #1 is in issue #1 and #5 is in #15.

Brother J

Here's about all I could find, it doesn't include the Caliber Christmas thing, so I don't think it's complete.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=7124

50Cent #II (1st print)

Yeah, I don't think it's very complete.  My copy of Caliber Presents #15 says it has Crow part 5 in it and it's not listed either.

50Cent #II (1st print)

This is what I found online:

# Caliber Presents #1 (Caliber Press, Jan 1989) (bc, ia, w)
# Crow, The #1 (Caliber Press, Feb 1989)
# Crow, The #2 (Caliber Press, Mar 1989)
# Crow, The #3 (Caliber Press, Aug 1989)
# Crow, The #4 (Caliber Press, 1989)
# Caliber Christmas, A (Caliber Press, Dec 1989) (c, ia, w)
# Caliber Presents #15 (Caliber Press, Sept 1990) (ia)

Brother J

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on August 01, 2008, 02:13:46 PM
This is what I found online:

# Caliber Presents #1 (Caliber Press, Jan 1989) (bc, ia, w)
# Crow, The #1 (Caliber Press, Feb 1989)
# Caliber Presents #2 (Caliber Press, Mar 1989) (c, ia)
# Crow, The #2 (Caliber Press, Mar 1989)
# Caliber Presents #3 (Caliber Press, May 1989) (c, ia, w)
# Caliber Presents #5 (Caliber Press, July 1989) (c, ia)
# Crow, The #3 (Caliber Press, Aug 1989)
# Crow, The #4 (Caliber Press, 1989)
# Caliber Christmas, A (Caliber Press, Dec 1989) (c, ia, w)
# Caliber Presents #15 (Caliber Press, Sept 1990) (ia)

I think that's a James O'Barr checklist, not necessarily a Crow checklist. The Crow is not mentioned on the cover of Caliber Presents #2, 3 or 5. Also, I believe #15 was a preview of Part #5, but not the complete chapter. I don't think the complete chapter came out until the Tundra Crow series was released.

Reverend

I came across that same list, which does appear to simply be a checklist of his work, which may or may not be Crow-related.

50Cent #II (1st print)

OK, that makes sense if it was not #5 but a preview for #5 that wasn't printed and put into a later book.  I'll edit the list.

Reading up on the story, it's sad why it came about and how he wishes he never drew it.  It looks like his first published work was in Gasm #4.