Site Ideas & Suggestions

Started by Visitor Q, October 11, 2007, 10:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

I would like to try and help make this place the best possible place to discuss Underground Comix and Art. I don't want to be the one to over step any lines here but figure I would start a post on how we can go about doing so.

Some of my suggestions are:

Underground Comix  Section

4-Sale/ Trade Section.

Mini Comix Section

New Wave Section (Comix after the 1982 Guide)

Original Art Section

^^^All forum discussion group sections...

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Visitor Q

CJ... Please check your PMs!

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Sir Real

Let me think 'bout these for a spell.  I agree with you, I don't agree with you.  I have to formulate my response...
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

Visitor Q

Sir Real... I hope you don't think I stepped on your toes or anything but I got the go ahead from CJ via an email.

I guess we can give it a whirl and see how we make out.

Cool?

Jason

Sir Real

Heck, you aren't stepping on anyone's toes.  This is a community supported wiki. 

Okay, let's deal with these new sections...

I've been over in the admin side and looked around a bit.  Right now, we're only operating with a single main category, called "General Category".  Instead of lumping every new section into General, let's create a few specific categories.  The list below is my first thought on it.  It appears real easy to juggle sections and categories.

General
   Zonker's Hermitage
   Off Topic
Forum Admin
   Forum How To
   ?Request an Avatar
Wiki Topics
   Wiki How To
   Wiki-Code
Comix Collection
   Undergrounds
   Mini
   New Wave
   Original Art
   4Sale/Trade
   eBay
Mods
   Adds/Changes
   ?

Sir Real

Okay, as an initial test, I've created the "Wiki Topics" category, and moved the Wiki How To section into it.  Whatcha think?

Visitor Q

Looks Great! I say roll with it...

Were gonna do it Sir Real, me and you... We make a team! LOL!!

Jason

Sir Real

Well, that didn't take long.  If you see something needed, don't hesitate.

Visitor Q

WOW! This place is looking great!

<--- Impressed

Sir Real, if I may ask... Do you have a first name other than "Sir"? ;)

Also... How about a section to talk about grading comx?

Jason

Visitor Q

Any idea if we can change the top there where it say's "Scribbles" to something?

I tried to change "This theme's name:" here but it had no effect on it.

Jason

Sir Real

Grading Comix.  Good idea.  I'll through it into "Comix Collection".

...and "Scribbles"?  I'm afraid I don't see it anywhere except in fine text at the bottom of each page.

<imitation voice="Comic Book Guy(Jeff Albertson)">
I prefer to keep my alter-ego's identity a secret, mostly because he is dry and boring.  But if you must know, you can call me Mark.
</imitation>
;)

Visitor Q

Right on Mark, at any rate I was talking about at the very top of the page, right hand side, right above your avatar pic..

Jason

Sir Real

Yeah, I was just in the Admin area, trying to figure out the PHP code to see if I could find the right graphic to remove.  That's gonna take a bit more time to figure out.

What time-zone are you on?  I'm in the Pacific.  I figure I'll wait until late tonight, then I'll try really messing things up.

Visitor Q

LOL! I'm EST...

"Tabloid Section" added

Jason

Visitor Q

It would also be nice to have some sort-of direct link to the Wiki from the top of the forum as well.

Jason