My Fellow Americans (1st print)

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), September 01, 2008, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

wpbooks

That's weird....I have that book in first edition and it's titled "Mah Fellow Americans"...at least I'm pretty sure I do...I'll be hitting the bookshelf when I get home cause you've got me doubting my memory...or are there two different versions?????

50Cent #II (1st print)

Think the you might be right and the First edition was called Mah Fellow Americans and had 2 prints from 1968 and then the My Fellow Americans is the 2nd edition and also had 2 prints from 1970 according to the FUG and JK.

wpbooks

Thanks for the clarification 'cause I forgot to check the shelf last night.  I've got a few Cobb books and I know MFA is one of them.  I'll try to remember tonight or so!

50Cent #II (1st print)

You're welcome.  Oddly it appears in both the JK and FUG that the 2nd edition is valued more than the 1st edition.

wpbooks

Maybe the second edition has more cartoons in it, and FUG has just aped JK, but speaking from my own collector perspective, I'll take a true first any day.....I'd also be curious as to which is the more common volume. Perhaps a look at bookfinder or abe will shed some light on this...(5 minutes later)...just checked bookfinder and saw that there appear to be more copies of The Sawyer Press edition than the Price Stern, but The Sawyer overall is selling for a higher average price than the PS version...guess most dealers don't read JK or FUG...I forgot I have a mutilated copy on there as well that turns up as the least expensive entry in the 'Mah' category....nutty!

50Cent #II (1st print)

Only thing I could find is that the 1st printing of the 1st edition had 5,000 copies printed.

wpbooks

That's the one I have and the book listed as out of print, RCD-25.  The other Cobb book I have isn't listed, as it came later, titled "Colorvision".

Comix Junky

Is the copyrite page posted here, from the same book as the cover posted at the top of this thread?

Is it from "My" or "Mah"?
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

50Cent #II (1st print)

"Mah..." was the 1st edition (1st and 2nd prints), "My..." was the 2nd (1st and 2nd prints)

Comix Junky

That is not what i asked.
I am asking about the scan.
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

wpbooks

The copyright page is from the Sawyer Press edition (The original edition)while the image linked to the Wiki at the top of the thread is the Price, Stern, Sloan edition(The second, expanded edition), so the answer would be: no it is not.  The copyright page goes with the 'Mah' edition and NOT the 'My' edition.  Hope that clears up the confusion.