entries

Started by Comix Junky, January 05, 2008, 06:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

over40artist

One thing I don't quite get. The site is headcomix.info but the logo is Underground Comix Wiki. Shouldn't the logo be the same as the URL?

It's all about branding, bro.

over40artist (treasuremint, comixjoint, comixhell, M. Steven Fox)

Visitor Q

"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

oldmilwaukee6er

:headbang:  schweeeeet over40artist!

Reverend

I love that font! However, this is more of a banner, than a logo. I'm not a judge, so I can say that, right?  :tongue5:

over40artist

Well, the shape of the logo was designed to fit into that big ass space in the upper right corner of this site (of course, at a reduced size).

It may look like a banner, but if you look around the world, you'll see that logos come in all shapes and dimensions. It wouldn't be a big challenge to use my logo on a business card or letterhead, as you can see:

Visitor Q

^ LOL! NICE!!!

What is that like a buisness card or some shit, I like that.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Reverend

I wasn't trying to knock your effort, so I hope you didn't take it that way. I'm well aware of what logos can be and are; I suppose I just envisioned something more along the lines of a symbol for this site. If I weren't building five sites for five different departments right now, and trying to create a series of CSS templates for a CMS that we're trying to implement, I would love to participate in this contest. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

over40artist

I hear ya about not having enough hours, Rev.

By gosh, no offense taken. I replied like I did as much for everyone on the board as for your specific comment.

Good luck with all of your sites! You know I'm no good at CSS, but I'm gonna take a crack at it myself when I go back to rebuilding my site.

Comix Junky

HOLLY  SHIT  !!!   :sign10:

I LOVE that bus card Over 40.
I'm gonna print out a bunch.

Thanks.
I owe ya one.

- CJ
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.