Annnual NYC Alternative Show Today

Started by dr_s, June 07, 2008, 11:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_s

Sorry for the late notice, but i just found out about it today as I was reading one of our local newspapers. There is a 2 day show for Alternative Comics (MoCCA)             http://www.moccany.org/artfest-main.html
at the Puck building on Houston St and 295 Lafayette Street in downtown Manhattan.Hours are 10-5 on Sat and Sunday. Admission is $10 1 day, $15 for both. Many, many artists and publishers presenting their wares. Anyone coming in who wants to hook up. email a PM. Well worth going if you are into this stuff. After that, you might want to go to the NYC Big Apple convention on 33rd Street 7th Ave. Again, a 2 day show.

Visitor Q

I spoke to Jay Lynch about this earlier in the week, both him and Art Spiegelman are going to be there.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

dr_s

Which day? I met Dennis Kitchen (a sightseer not a participant) there today.

Visitor Q

Not sure, I would have thought Sat.. I know he said he was going to be very busy but he would be at a table with Art and I recall him saying he was doing a radio show on Sunday (I think).

Cool that you met Kitchen.

So far I have only met in person...

Spain
Wilson
Lynch
Deitch
Mark Bode
Coop

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."