Zap #1 4th print?

Started by bdcues, February 22, 2008, 12:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdcues

Can someone tell me if Zap #1 4th print, the .50 issue... is the printed price .50 or .50 sticker or both? My copy has .35 printed price w/ .50 sticker. Does that make it 4th print?

50Cent #II (1st print)

Printings don't go by stickers, they go by printed price generally (but there are exceptions like Eat It).

refer to http://www.ugcomix.info/guide/index.html

I believe the .50 cent cover price Zap Comix #1 is the one that nobody seems to have or can find any scans of.

bdcues

So, I guess this is 3rd print then, Certainly makes is more valuable. Maybe a true 4th print is worth more if no one has one???

Brother J

Quote from: bdcues on February 22, 2008, 01:27:18 AM
So, I guess this is 3rd print then, Certainly makes is more valuable. Maybe a true 4th print is worth more if no one has one???

Yeah, I personally think the 50 cent Zap #1 is a myth.

oldmilwaukee6er

the 50c Zap #1 (4th) is the classic red sticker over 35c cover.

several collectors have asked about the Kennedy 4th since i have been posting online and the consensus always seems to come down to that.  and you do see those copies come up on eBay occasionally. 

but... i agree that a "true" Kennedy 4th 50c cover Zap Comix #1 is a myth as well. 

50Cent #II (1st print)

Could have been one of his alleged false checksums.

stage52

I will say that in 40 years I have never seen a  $.50 printed version of Zap #1 or 0.  Have seen many with Sticker.   I believe this never existed.   If anyone would have seen this I think it would have been someone  here on these boards.

over40artist

I got 24 copies of Zap #1 and all are 1st, 2nd, or 3rd prints. So I guess I gotta go with what y'all say!

bdcues

So, wouldn't that make a 5th printing actually a 4th printing and a 6th actually a 5th and so on. How can you have a 5th printing if you have never had a 4th?

50Cent #II (1st print)

True, but once Kennedy put it in his guide it's kind of hard to explain to every person that inquires about a later print...

EggsAckley

Guy, do you have any of the Zap #1's with the 50 cent sticker? Perhaps there are some other differences between those and the earlier 35 cent third printings that has not been noticed up to this point.

bdcues

No harder than it is to try and explain mistakes in Fogels guide.......
Your looking for definative answers for the wiki, seems like you would make the correction there, regardless of how hard it is to explain.