Flaming Carrot Comics

Started by ProJunior, August 25, 2008, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProJunior

Here are the covers of the first 4 of the new series for the wiki.  Got them in Oregon last mo.  This series is so crazy & surrealistic - very funny, IMO.  The no's. in parentheses at the end are the whole no's. for the series that go back to when it originally started sometime in the 80s, I think.  There's an empty entry for this series in the wiki but every time I try to put something there it gets screwed up so I thought I'd put them here so someone more familiar with the ins & outs of wiki HTML could handle it.

-Projunior
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

Brother J

The empty entry is for the 1981 Killian Barracks magazine sized one shot. Apparently it was in the Kennedy, which is probably the only reason any Flaming Carrot book is in an underground comix Wiki. I really don't consider Flaming Carrot an underground comix, it's more of an independent.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Agreed.  The first one is probably more ground level, but all afterwards are independant.  By the way, the first appearance was in Visions #1 and 2.

Brother J

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on August 25, 2008, 07:35:39 PM
Agreed.  The first one is probably more ground level, but all afterwards are independant.  By the way, the first appearance was in Visions #1 and 2.

I've got Visions #2, 3, and 4, but have never owned a #1. Do you still have a copy of that? I know you sold one.

50Cent #II (1st print)

I sold the only one I had, was high grade and was double signed as all were on the IFC, but then was signed again at the SDCC by Bob.  Was surprised it didn't go quicker but it's hard to scan the black books, but the buyer was quite pleased when it arrived.  There was a #5 by the way.

Brother J

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on August 25, 2008, 07:45:20 PM
I sold the only one I had, was high grade and was double signed as all were on the IFC, but then was signed again at the SDCC by Bob.  Was surprised it didn't go quicker but it's hard to scan the black books, but the buyer was quite pleased when it arrived.  There was a #5 by the way.

According to the Flaming Carrot website, there were actually nine issues of Visions:

http://www.flamingcarrot.com/FC/biblio_covers.html

Only the first three actually contain FC stories, the rest are various pinups.

50Cent #II (1st print)

interesting.  I always thought there was only 5.  #1 being the big ticket item, #2 being fairly hard to find, but not that difficult, #3 being probably the one most often to turn up, but more valued than #4 and 5 that aren't big ticket items even though they show up less often than #3.  But now I see there are 4 more I have to find.

ProJunior

Quote from: Brother J on August 25, 2008, 07:25:02 PM
The empty entry is for the 1981 Killian Barracks magazine sized one shot. Apparently it was in the Kennedy, which is probably the only reason any Flaming Carrot book is in an underground comix Wiki. I really don't consider Flaming Carrot an underground comix, it's more of an independent.

OK, gotcha.  In that case, entries for Flaming Carrot should be in the "Alternative & Independents, post-1985" section then, NOT the UG Wiki.  (I assume that "independent" = "alternative," more or less, anyway.)

-Projunior[/b]
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton