Smile #1 by Kitchen Sink

Started by Sir Real, December 01, 2007, 11:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Real

Just an odd question.  In the Kennedy Guide, Smile #1 is listed with an ISBN of 0-87816-009-4.  I've got a 3rd printing, but it doesn't show any ISBN in it.

Could it possibly only be in a 1st edition?  Or is this a possible Kennedy "flag", used to identify info theft?

Anybody out there have a 1st?
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

50Cent #II (1st print)

Here you go Sir Real...
ifc of my 1st print has it, ifc of my 3rd print doesn't (not just deleted, the info. is typed with a different font).

:added:

Sir Real

Thanks 50Cent.  I gotta wonder where they got that ISBN number.  When I do a search on it, it shows the book Goodman Beaver, by Will Elder, Harvey Kurtzman, and Denis Kitchen.

50Cent #II (1st print)

That is strange, especially since Smile came out in 1971 and Goodman Beaver came out in  1984.

Sir Real

It looks like it gets even weirder.  I just went and checked my personal catalog (what is finished, that is) to pull some ISBN numbers and search on them.  In general, all the books are valid.  But when it comes to comix, the results are less than satisfactory.

For those few comix that actually have the numbers, generally are Not Found, or show the pages from my site.  Zap #15 shows correctly.  But these two are like the Smile #1 search...

Deep 3D Comix #1 (2nd)
Will Eisner Color Treasury
0-87816-006-X

Quagmire Comics #1
The Art of Will Eisner
0-87816-003-5

Interesting because they, too, are Kitchen Sink publications.

Rick Bradford

I'm not 100% certain on this but I think ISBNs can be applied to more than one product -- or maybe, more accurately, the numbers can be reused by the owner.

I think.
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more