Snatch #2 cover

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), January 04, 2008, 01:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

I'm confused, can someone explain to me why for the cover of the early prints of Snatch #2 it doesn't state black but I'm seeing black on the cover?
http://www.ugcomix.info/guide/tells/1840tell.html

zonker

... Ah ... according to JK's guide ...,
The "black" is blue and orange overlap.
As evidence, there is a blue hicky on her arm in this scan
I got that scan from Bebe Williams.
I've never seen an early print Snatch in person.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Thanks for the info.  Checking my copies of #2 after reading this, I've discovered that one copy I have that I thought might have been a 4th print is actually a 2nd print and is in near mint condition except for cover price being blacked out.  I bought this as a 4th print for $6.95...
Woop Woop! :headbang:

Just to note that the 2nd print of #2 guts has an uneven rough cut and doesn't fully fit inside the cover, also the paper is odd in that on one side of the interior paper (page) is lighter and smoother that looks similar to a regular sheet of paper than the other side of the paper (page) that looks like typical newsprint and also their is a faint line near the bottom of many of the interior pages.  The staples are also shorter / smaller than normal staples.  The one deviation from Kennedy's 2nd print (and I suspect he errored?) is that the artwork is not on page 23 but is already moved to page 15 (no color) like the 3rd and later prints.  Unless someone has a 2nd print (without the colored juices on page 23) that would show that this would be a new unidentified printing with the deep orange and blue cover (no black), but with the art having moved on to page 15 (no color), yet has faint line, rough cut, etc...

Showing that the left page is newsprint and the right is smoother and lighter...

dr_s

Just to let you know, there are the red juice guts issues that have later print covers. I guess, as they printed later printings, they used guts from 1st prints that were extra. I know because I have such issues.

50Cent #II (1st print)

So does anyone with a 2nd print have a copy that has the pages described like those in the Kennedy ("Shit, Am I Ever Horney Bitch!" on p. 23) or am I correct in my deduction that the 2nd print had the pages location changed already by the 2nd print to p. 15?
Other possibility, is that I have a 3rd print without "juices" colored (green to blue) that isn't listed in the Kennedy, but my cover Orange is Dark, not light.
Notice that the first 3 printings listed in the Kennedy are with rough cut pages as seen in pic.

This how I suspect the printing info. leads to:

1st print (.50) has Dark Orange and Blue ink only on cover (rough pages).
variants with Red or Yellow "juices" on "Shit, Am I Ever Horney Bitch!" on p. 23.

2nd print (.50) has Dark Orange and Blue ink only on cover (rough page). (JK states "Light Orange" & p. 23)
"Shit, Am I Ever Horney Bitch!" now on p. 15 (no color).

3rd print (.50) has Light (or Dark?) Orange and Blue ink only on cover (rough pages).
"Shit, Am I Ever Horney Bitch!" (on p. 15) now has Green to Blue "juices". (possible variant without color?)

4th? print (.50) has Light Orange, Blue and Black ink only on cover.

5th print (.50) has Dark Orange, Blue and Black ink only on cover (possible Black No". 2" [only the the "2" or the ". 2" and not the "No", if not then this could have come out before the 4th print?).

6th print (.50) has Red, Blue and Green cover (Yellow, Red, Blue and Black ink).

7th print (.75) has Red, Blue and Green cover (Yellow, Red, Blue and Black ink).

50Cent #II (1st print)

Quote from: dr_s on January 05, 2008, 12:36:11 AM
Just to let you know, there are the red juice guts issues that have later print covers. I guess, as they printed later printings, they used guts from 1st prints that were extra. I know because I have such issues.

Which later covers, dr_s?  Please post scans if you can.

Comix Junky

6 & 7 are yellow, red, blue, and black ink.
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

50Cent #II (1st print)

50Cent #II (1st print)

Just got pics. and info. on a 2nd print (UGComix.info).  Looks like the JK is correct and their was a version that had the juices art on page 23 without color, so my copy looks to be a true 4rd print ( someone has one with the juices that are blue or green and  the cover has dark orange and no black and rough cut edges 3rd?) that hasn't been identified yet. Here's the difference though, JK states that the 3rd print is light orange, mine has the same dark orange as the 1st (and UGComix.info's 2nd print).  Mine is also not made up of 3 colors, but 2.  My "juices" art is on page 15 without color.  And my edges are rough cut as seen in the photo, like a 1st print.
Here is a pic. of the 2nd print image sent to me.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Here's a rundown.  I think Donahue did 4 printings (not 3) and those are the ones with the rough cut edges and 2 color covers.  Ones with the "Juices" art on page 15 (from 23) hadn't been noted without color before.  Print Mint took over with the 5th print (unless the new 4th is just a 3rd variant without color on the juices, which is possible but then the 2nd would probably be also and that would get confusing so I think that printing without color should be left so).  The Print Mint 5th printings used light orange, blue and black and clean cut the edges.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Oh, and I'm still confused about the one on UGComix.info labeled 5th? print.  With just a small scan.  If the number is blue (not suspected black, but it looks blue on my monitor), then shouldn't this one be considered before the light orange one?
Anyone have one with dark orange and dark blue like that one?