Snatch #3 (2nd & 3rd print)

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), January 04, 2008, 05:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

Thought I would put some info. up on trying to identify the difference between the 2nd and 3rd print of Snatch #3.  From this I believe you can tell the difference (please check your copies and post any additional info. you may find), but I don't know which one is a 2nd print and which one is a 3rd print, I would probably need a 1st print to help, but that may not do it.  I suspect that the one I have 2 identical copies is a 2nd print, but that's just my suspicions.  My .75 cent cover price (4th print) is similar to the shorter one in that they are the same size in height, but the (4th print) is approx. .1" wider (6.1"), and the interior covers are not yellowed.

Here's the difference.
Copy that I have one of is slightly shorter.
Width is about the same at 6".
Height is 8", about .1" inch shorter at the bottom (only part of 1 line under R. Crumb's sig. is showing) than the other 2.
Cover paper is glossy on both, but seems slightly thicker and less translucent when held up to light on the shorter copy.  Also the paper is white on the interior covers.
Blacks on the cover appear BLACK and glossy.
Pants on the character on the back cover is uneven, his right leg (on the left, not raised and opposite to woman) appears brownish and his left (on the right side, raised and next to woman) appears more green.
Paper guts paper is slightly, but noticeably thicker.
Staples are thicker and measure 3.5" apart.  Top staple is 1" from the top and a fraction under 1.5" from the bottom.

Copies I have 2 of is slightly taller by approx. .1" making it about 8.1" tall. A longer and shorter line appears under the R. Crumb signature at the bottom of the front cover.
Cover paper is thinner and more translucent.  Interior covers have yellowed, appears do to the interior guts paper causing it to yellow uniformly.
Blacks on the cover appear faded/matt and lighter (almost a dark gray).  Seems most apparent on the shoe on the back cover.
Also the pants on the character on the back cover seem both green.
Staples are noticeably thinner.  Staples are the same 3.5" apart, but the top staple is now just under 1.5" from the top and the bottom staple is 1.1" (1" + .1") from the bottom.

50Cent #II (1st print)

shorter

taller

shorter

taller

50Cent #II (1st print)

By the way I think the sites clocks are wrong, it's 12:00pm my time now, but it's showing almost 12:50 when I post this.