So, how the hell does this work?

Started by over40artist, November 07, 2007, 12:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

over40artist

If there are phantom books listed in a guide, but never seen, does that mean they don't exist at all? I don't get it. There are lots of books listed in guides that I have never seen, but how does any single person know that nobody else have ever seen them?

Better get Arnie on board.

Is this supposed to be some way to post titles of rare books you don't have in the hopes that someone else replies that they do and posts a scan? If so, this is a weird way to go about it.

Sir Real

Well, the first thing that comes to mind for this topic would be a 1st edition of Schizophrenia, Cheech Wizard.  Its listed in Kennedy as having a 50¢ cover price.  I've conversed with a few folks that say they've got a copy, but nobody, I mean nobody, has ever shown even so much as a photo of it.

The FUG shows a 1st with a 75¢ cover price, so Fogel doesn't believe that it exists.

Actually, I don't believe it is that weird a way to go about it.  It just might work.
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

Comix Junky

:lurk: I saw this topic over at the cpg forum, where it was an interesting conversation for a few weeks, and then disappeared off the bottom of the page.
I figured the info was waisted there. It belongs HERE, where it will do some good. Where the info will get put in a Guide (our wiki).
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

Visitor Q

Arnold is already here as I invited him to join sometime ago.

He just needs to get off his ass and start posting! Hint! Hint!!

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

dr_s

What phantom books? Only ones I can think of are Folks 1, Poor Farm 1, and ??? The first 2 do not exist. What other stuff in the Illustrated check list do you need to know about? I need about 20 of them.  As for Kennedy, I am missing about 200.

Visitor Q

"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

50Cent #II (1st print)

Wasn't Poor Farm #3 actually the Poor Farm Cookbook or something like that?

dr_s

Correct me if I am wrong, since age is making me forgetful. I though Poor Farm 2 and 3 existed and their pics are in the illustrated checklist. The cookbook came out after 3 and is......a cookbook with only the cover a cartoon.

Reverend

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on November 14, 2007, 12:40:47 AM
Wasn't Poor Farm #3 actually the Poor Farm Cookbook or something like that?

I was in touch with Michael Langevin, the man who published Poor Farm Comics and Stories. I asked him, via e-mail, if the Cookbook was a predecessor to #2 and he implied that he "guessed" it was, but was not very convincing in his answer. I then proceeded to ask him outright if there was a #1, though I never received a reply.