The Grades

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), May 22, 2008, 03:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

PGX is owned by 1 person and he is a scam artist in Oregon. 

ProJunior

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on May 24, 2008, 02:06:56 AM
PGX is owned by 1 person and he is a scam artist in Oregon. 
You say "owned by," so does that mean that PGX is some kind of company?  Does it rate comics or something?  But then this whole rating system seems to be pretty controversial anyway.  Somebody here - was it Visitor Q? - said that the numerical rating system was bullshit & should presumably be replaced with letters, I guess, like F, VF, NM, etc.  OTOH, somebody else here has a signature with all their msgs. that says something to the effect that the CGC system is all bullshit too, & since this website seems to be the hangout for the hardcore fanatics, the ones to whom all the arcane minutia about differentiating printings & rating quality is supposed to actually mean something, it makes ya wonder!

-Projunior
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

50Cent #II (1st print)

ProJunior

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on May 24, 2008, 02:48:21 PM
http://www.pgxcomics.com/

You can read this thread before you want to submit anything to them...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2196880&Board=4&page=1&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD
Interesting, altho I had no intention whatsoever of submitting any of my stuff to PGX, especially since I didn't even know what it WAS!  <g>  I see now that it's a rater like CGC, but the scam artist apparently used to be known as tdcomix, according to some of the msgs. on the latter site you mention.  Amazing the lengths some people will go to to disguise a comic to make it appear more valuable.  (Gotta admit that the PGX website looks real professional, tho.  <g>)

-Projunior
:01_wtf:
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

Visitor Q

Quote from: dr_s on May 23, 2008, 07:59:47 AM
The guide is the guide not the bible. Sometimes you can get more, sometimes (Most of the time) you get less. In general, if you have an ungraded book less than an obvious 9, it better be priced at a reasonable price or very very rare to get above guide mint. By the way, for most moderately rare books, dealers usually pay 40-60%. Anything by print mint, last gasp, Kitchen sink, Rip Off, etc are so common (with a few exceptions) that most dealers won't pay more than a $1 or $2 for fine or better copies. If you find one that will pay more , let me know, I have cartons of that stuff to dump.

Ya don't say...

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."