Previous topic - Next topic

EggsAckley

Deleted by CJ

This thread was heavly edited on Oct. 4, 2008 by CJ
after the new gidelines were adopted.
http://headcomix.info/forum/index.php?topic=944.0

oldmilwaukee6er

oldmilwaukee6er

yeah... but that air pirates #1 is 25x guide!

oldmilwaukee6er

i think comicwiz owns those two file copies as well.   :icon_scratch:

EggsAckley

There goes my theory down the drain.

zazz

(and my slabbed Bijou 1 second print at 9.6 - I thought it was 9.6.-9..

should read 9-6-9.8  .,.. not sure how I threw the smiley face in...

EggsAckley

I bought a R Crumb Comics & Stories First Print 9.2 PGA (a/k/a PGX). First off, it was a 7.0 at best. Secondly, it was a later print where the 35 cent price on the cover had been badly erased. That was the first & last time I will ever get involved with a PGA/PGX book. BTW, CGC does specify which printing the book is (unless it is a first which carries no extra notation).

50Cent #II (1st print)

zazz

Again, I wasn't touting PGX, simply mentioning them. And no, CGC does not always list the printing. I'll double check my database, but I've seen Snatch 2's without the printing designated among others. As for my books, I told them what I sent, so there wasn't any guesswork on their part.... Read through that post about the Blazing... hadn't heard. It's been a several years since I submitted books to them.... bummer. Misgrading does happen at CGC as well, but not to the extent of a scam. It's really a shame, CGC needed someone to keep them honest.

Visitor Q

Please understand that in the future, dealer posts like this are not permitted on this site. We now have a "trusted dealer" program for people who would like to donate to the site. It is not fair to the dealers of this site who have choosed to participate in our program for post like this to be expectable.

No dealer links please.

Thanks.
Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

EggsAckley

So this site is no longer open & uncensored & free to all. WTF? Fairness has nothing to do with it. I also collect CGC graded underground comics, no "trusted dealers" here have ever posted one for sale. I see nothing wrong with informing my fellow collectors that a major dealer will start featuring CGC graded undergrounds. I think it is great for our niche of the hobby. Also, the link to comicwiz's book sale (who is a member here), was that also against the rules?  BTW, where are these rules posted? I am sorry but your reply to this post goes against everything I thought this site was about. You got me so worked up I want to go out & march in protest like the good old days.

oldmilwaukee6er

hey zazz... welcome to the boards BTW! 
i submitted approximately 30-35 u-comix to PGX around 2004-05 with mixed results.
basically they were all Donahue copies & pretty high-grade.

they came back ranging from 9.0-9.8, so right where i was expecting... no complaints there.  however, many came back with obvious labeling errors, despite me sending text descriptions of each (printing notations, label suggestions, etc).  to my surprise, restoration (color touch) was noted on two books (tortoise & hare n zap#6)... one of which i kept & one of which i offloaded, still slabbed, for pennies.  so despite what some may say about their restoration detection skills, they DO have SOME.

the process of submitting the books, along w/ picking up a PGX Zap #3 (no printing notation) that i suspected as a first, & the experiences of others (e.g. Eggs & his R. Crumb Comics & Stories)... has lead me to believe that they are NOT a trusted source for certification.  there are other scandals too... namely affiliation with a dealer named terrance leder who has routinely & falsely slabbed books himself at the company... false 9.9s, trimmed copies, etc.  THAT stuff is just a mess, though not to say that CGC has not had similar shortcomings, they DO (Ewert, Heritage, etc)... but CGC handles its shit whereas PGX acts like it is doing nothing wrong.

i wanted to try them b/c... as many know... slabbing u-comix through CGC is pretty cost-prohibitive (IMHO).  i WANT there to be honest competion for CGC... and i think that the hobby would be better served if there were.  but PGX is not it & i will no longer submit books to them or recommend it.  in fact, i have long-term plans to re-slab my PGX books as CGC... b/c just having a book affiliated w/ them can negatively affect collector perception.  it's a sad state really. 

oldmilwaukee6er

Quote from: EggsAckley on September 10, 2008, 01:51:08 PM
So this site is no longer open & uncensored & free to all. WTF? Fairness has nothing to do with it. I also collect CGC graded underground comics, no "trusted dealers" here have ever posted one for sale. I see nothing wrong with informing my fellow collectors that a major dealer will start featuring CGC graded undergrounds. I think it is great for our niche of the hobby. Also, the link to comicwiz's book sale (who is a member here), was that also against the rules?  BTW, where are these rules posted? I am sorry but your reply to this post goes against everything I thought this site was about. You got me so worked up I want to go out & march in protest like the good old days.

basically the bulk of 'the powers that be' do not like graded comix, want nothing to do with graded comix, & will censor/lock/move/troll topics to squelch discussion of graded comix.  did u really need to ask?   :bs:

i mean, i don't particularly like enjoy mini comix... but i don't go telling people that they suck. 

Comix Junky

"You got me so worked up I want to go out & march in protest like the good old days."

Yeah, if you was around in the  good old daze, you wouldn't be so hot to embalm yer comix.
I know you wasn't around cus "if you REMEMBER the 60's, you wasn't there." :hippy2:
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.