For Furry Freak Brothers fans

Started by puffin13, July 13, 2008, 02:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puffin13

For those of you who are Freak Brothers Fans, there is a new book coming out called The Freak Brothers Omnibus. This book has 624 pages! Here is the description from Amazon uk All the Freak Brothers stories, book covers, posters and merchandise collected together in one big volume. Includes a share certificate offer for the upcoming animated movie. The definitive Freak Brothers book for years to come. Not so expensive either. I pre-ordered one. :wink: Looks like a gem. :D Peace n Pot.

Comix Junky

QuoteIncludes a share certificate offer for the upcoming animated movie.

So has anybody put any thought into maybe a bunch of us chiping in and actually buying some stock in the movie?
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

Sir Real

When I first heard about the project, I approached da wife about making a healthy investment. :nono:

Well, I thought it was a good idea.  :dontknow:
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

Visitor Q

Looks to be a good book, thanks for the heads up.

BTW... Here it is on the US site.

http://www.amazon.com/Freak-Brothers-Omnibus-Gilbert-Shelton/dp/0861661591/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216177365&sr=8-1

Jason

ps. Still need the following guys. =]

Freak Brothers 2, 4 &13 =]
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

oldmilwaukee6er

:headbang:  this is definitely going on my christmas list!

50Cent #II (1st print)

Looks from eBay that this book has come out already, but Amazon shows it's not been released yet.

wpbooks

I believe it was on the Last Gasp wholesale newsletter as being in stock as of last week.  I think Amazon will get their allotment in few days if Last Gasp has theirs already.

Visitor Q

I almost forgot about this one!

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

wpbooks

I'm not sure I'm going to go for this one as I already have the 2 volume version that Knockabout put out in the last few years.  Anyone know if there are enough differences to warrant a double dip?

50Cent #II (1st print)

Received one as a gift yesterday.  I'll check it out and give my opinion soon...

Visitor Q

When I looked on Amazon last it was still pre-order. =/

50Cent #II (1st print)

They've been available on eBay for a couple weeks now.

wpbooks

I do like the fact that it comes in a dust jacket....that's almost a selling point for me....if only it were a hardcover, then I could justify the double dip.  I looked at a copy at a LCS and noticed there were some things about a forthcoming film that I didn't recognize, but the rest of the book looked very familiar...the problem is that all that FB stuff seems familiar as I've been reading it in all it's forms for the last 35+ years, so it's a bit hard to discern....do you have both versions, 50?

50Cent #II (1st print)

I received the new one, don't have any other version (if you mean the older TPB).  There is a dust jacket on the softcover that has a completely different cover than the soft cover itself that is an actual shot from the movie (seen in the preview also).  It mentions on the soft cover about how to be in or apart of the upcoming movie also, but haven't looked for the info. inside yet.

wpbooks

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on September 30, 2008, 09:30:38 PM
I received the new one, don't have any other version (if you mean the older TPB). 

Exactly.  Knockabout released it as a 2 volume set.  The 1st volume was all the black and white strips while Volume 2 was all the color stuff throughout the years.  I think the Omnibus edition(the new one which you have) is a melding of the 2 with perhaps a few extra pages to entice dorks like me.  But since you don't have the 2 volume set, my question is moot until someone else comes forward having both versions which can be compared.