Kaptain Kopter & Commander Cassidy in Potato Land

Started by Reverend, July 18, 2008, 01:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend

While searching for something else, I came across an LP released in 1981 by a band named Spirit entitled, "The Adventures of Kaptain Kopter & Commander Cassidy in Potato Land." The LP included a 16-page comic book by the same name. I don't have a copy, so I can't vouch for its content, but the artwork has an underground feel to it. Anyone have a copy of this? I'd be curious to hear some opinions regarding it.

Images of slipcase and comic pages below.

dr_s

So that is what it's from. Will try to locate my copy when I get back.

Brother J

I bought a copy of this (album and comic both). As a matter of fact, I'm listening to the record right now on my turntable! The comic is really a quick read. It seems basically like a fantasy story by hippies. Lots of use of the word "man". Nothing adult oriented in it. The art is pretty good, but it's not something I would recommend as a must have underground comix. My biggest quandry now is whether I should bag and board it and put it with my comix or just put it back in with the record and store it with my other records...

Reverend

Thanks for the update! I suppose it could be categorized as an early independent, inspired by the underground movement, at the very least, judging by your review.

Brother J

Here's a bit more information on it. Apparently the comic is still available, albeit now in a CD booklet size.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/i100_10409/