Another one of those sites stealing money from Ug artists.

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), July 22, 2008, 08:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

Comix Junky

I beleive "One Fisted Tales" is an actual printed comic.
This is the site that's ripping them off:
http://www.recomics.com/
As well as Arcade, Bizzare Sex, Freak Bro, Zap, Snatch, Big Ass, Tits N Clits, Harold Hedd, and others.
Corben, Crumb, Shelton, Holmes, And lots more.
They brag "over 3000 comics"
Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

50Cent #II (1st print)

One-Fisted Tales is a comic, I've got #1-5 (most 1st prints, but #5 has a $3.95 cover price so I think that's a 2nd or 3rd).  I was surprised today to find out that there was more in the series as I've only seen #1-5, but today I saw there was 10 issues and then on another site found there was actually even an 11th issue.

jaylynch

Comix Junky

Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

over40artist

It's disgusting how they brag about collecting all the comics and selling the images to the consumer, without a single word about compensating the artists or writers or anything about copyright. They even brag about how it took hundreds of artists years to create all that great stuff and now Recomics will give it all to you for a monthly fee of $29.95 (because they DO have to pay for web hosting and Recomics employees)! Not a word about even having any license or royalty agreements with the creators.

It's blatant copyright law violation and there should be a class action lawsuit filed by some of the creators against Recomics and Adult Empire.

jaylynch

Copyright violation is a federal crime as well.  Hopefully, they will be subjected to a fine and imprisonment.        That would give me faith in American justice...and prove to me that such laws aren't selectively enforced.

zonker

recomics.com is now gone.

I just got a letter from Phil Foglio. His lawyer, for one, sent a "cease & desist".