Independent comic

Started by ProJunior, June 01, 2008, 09:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProJunior

Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

Visitor Q

Do we even have a section to add new stuff like this?

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Reverend

Quote from: Visitor Q on June 02, 2008, 09:30:45 AM
Do we even have a section to add new stuff like this?

Jason

That's a good question. Was it determined that the wiki's contents would end at a certain year? I thought those guidelines were posted somewhere, but I'm too lazy to search for them right now. Maybe a third category could be added for newer books if enough people don't want the wiki proper to be muddied with them.

ProJunior

Quote from: Reverend on June 02, 2008, 10:22:02 AM
That's a good question. Was it determined that the wiki's contents would end at a certain year? I thought those guidelines were posted somewhere, but I'm too lazy to search for them right now. Maybe a third category could be added for newer books if enough people don't want the wiki proper to be muddied with them.
So would this be considered too recent then?  I didn't know that there was a cutoff date for comics/comix on this list, espeically considering that Harvey Pekar's latest comics for Vertigo are listed & they've been coming out just over the past year & a half or so.

-Projunior
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

Reverend

There are newer entries already in the wiki, so I'm not sure.

Visitor Q

We are trying to focus on up until about 1985 right now. More or less the Kennedy guide and a few years after...

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

ProJunior

Quote from: Visitor Q on June 02, 2008, 08:26:26 PM
We are trying to focus on up until about 1985 right now. More or less the Kennedy guide and a few years after...
Jason
OK, then how about the Pekar comics & any other recent ones?
-Projunior
- Chuck Moulton

ProJunior

Quote from: ProJunior on June 02, 2008, 09:18:44 PM
Jason
-Projunior

OK, maybe I answered my own question.  I see that the "Alternatives & Independents" category is subtitled around 1985 & thereafter, so my contribution would fit right in as it seems to be a 1996 issue.  OTOH, maybe it should be relegated to the "Mini, etc." section since it's quite small & only 12 pp. or so, as I recall.  Hmmmm ......
-Projunior
- Chuck Moulton

Brother J

Quote from: ProJunior on June 02, 2008, 09:18:44 PM
Jason
-Projunior

Well, the Pekar ones because they are Pekar and all American Splendor, a continuation from the original series.

The same for recent works by Crumb, Wilson and the rest of the classic underground artists.

If you list one Starhead mini, then you have to list them all. Then, if you list all the Starhead minis, then why leave out any minis?

The focus here seems to be on stuff that would have been in Kennedy, with related items added in.

50Cent #II (1st print)

I read something once or twice that stated the Newave comix movement ended around 1988 (perhaps include 1989 also?), so I think that is a good end point, but should include newer works by the classic Underground artists (like the newer Crumb, Wilson, etc.).

ProJunior

Quote from: Brother J on June 02, 2008, 09:32:03 PM
If you list one Starhead mini, then you have to list them all. Then, if you list all the Starhead minis, then why leave out any minis?

The focus here seems to be on stuff that would have been in Kennedy, with related items added in.
OK, so in that case it looks like the Shlock & Roll should be in the Alternatives & Independents rather than the Mini section since the former definitely says "1985 & thereafter," which the above definitely is.  So the only question, I guess, is whether the "Alternatives & Independents" section is considered part of the Wiki or not.  If so, it should be added to it but if not the S & R should just stay in the A & I section.

-Projunior
- Chuck Moulton

50Cent #II (1st print)

I think that's a good assessment, we can discuss them here, but should have a framework for them  to be added to the wiki?  What about you others, opinions?

zazz

What, no mention of that masterpiece of comichood "Reagan's Raiders"?????

Brother J

Quote from: zazz on September 08, 2008, 02:05:18 PM
What, no mention of that masterpiece of comichood "Reagan's Raiders"?????

Solson, worst producers of comic drek ever.