Fogel's Update, where is it?

Started by Visitor Q, February 15, 2008, 11:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

Last time I spoke to Dan he said it would be out in November.

Any got any info. without me picking up the phone?

Thanks.
Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Brother J

I would really like to know what the deal is, as well. I bet the people who pre-paid for ads aren't exactly thrilled at this point, I overheard at least one of them at a local comic show talking about the situation.

Visitor Q

Not only that, I pre-paid for two copies of it.

I know in the original guide there was a timed event ad in there for a comic book show of some sort, hope there is nothing like that in this one as it is probably over until this makes it out.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

50Cent #II (1st print)

I heard from Dan last month, he told me that he hoped to have it at the printers by February.  But that it will be a substantial update with many mags, mini's, foreign, etc.

Reverend

Does that mean it was insubstantial at the time of conception?

bdcues

I have an ad in the supplement also and had been wondering when it would come out. Fogel says Feb. but who knows...

50Cent #II (1st print)

Quote from: Reverend on February 15, 2008, 02:00:37 PM
Does that mean it was insubstantial at the time of conception?

I don't think he initially planned any of the other stuff, just updated UG's.  Now he's including lots of mini's, some mags. and foreigns.

oldmilwaukee6er

Quote from: 50Cent #II (1st print) on February 15, 2008, 01:37:50 PM
I heard from Dan last month, he told me that he hoped to have it at the printers by February.  But that it will be a substantial update with many mags, mini's, foreign, etc.

i heard from him about that time as well. 

Rick Bradford

As far as I know the supplement was originally planned to focus on minis and British UGs. I'm really looking forward to it. Dan could probably do with a blog of some sort so he could throw an update out every once in a while...

Thanks for starting this thread, Jason -- it's weird, I came over here just now for that very purpose!
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

Visitor Q

So with all that said, I guess it will be out when it's out.

Anyone hears anymore, update us please.

Thanks.
Jason

bdcues

Just got an email from Fogul - July by San Diego for the supplement with 16 pages more than originally planned for and same cover price.

Brother J

July? WTF...

Wasn't it originally supposed to be out for San Diego 2007?

Was the original Fogel Guide this delayed? I'm sure it's a hell of a lot of work to put something like this together, but over a year's wait from when I initially pre-paid...

Imagine the big guns who have spent big money for advertisements.

Visitor Q

Yeah that is kinda bullshit but what can ya do?

Jason

dr_s

The original guide was delayed also. As for the advertsing, it was cheap.

over40artist

Man, that sucks. Oh, well, it is what it is. I'm just glad he hasn't thrown in the towel on the whole thing.