"Best Offer"

Started by Rick Bradford, April 20, 2008, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bradford

Does anybody here, as a buyer, submit offers to eBay sellers (through the Best Offer option, I mean)? Do you like it? Has it been reasonably successful for you?
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

50Cent #II (1st print)

Yes, I do it often and sometimes win sometimes not.  The early Rat Fink I won was for $17 offered (with $25 BIN).

stage52

Hey  Rick,    I use this feature often and most of the time I get it as long as I am reasonable with my offer.   I just won a Earth Island mag  after losing to a higher bidder. I had bid $21.01 for it  and got outbid at $21.51.  The seller offered a 2nd chance offer at $21.01 . I sent him a message back if he would accept a $16.00 & $4.00 S&H and he accepted it.  This seller has sold many of these and I believe Brother J got 1 at $15.00 on a bid but the same seller had raised his S & H to $7.50.   All the others went for over $20.00 + shipping..   I think that its worth a try especially if an item does not sell.   The worst that can happen is that they say no and you are not out anything.  :01_bounce:

Brother J

Quote from: stage52 on April 20, 2008, 05:11:35 PM
Hey  Rick,    I use this feature often and most of the time I get it as long as I am reasonable with my offer.   I just won a Earth Island mag  after losing to a higher bidder. I had bid $21.01 for it  and got outbid at $21.51.  The seller offered a 2nd chance offer at $21.01 . I sent him a message back if he would accept a $16.00 & $4.00 S&H and he accepted it.  This seller has sold many of these and I believe Brother J got 1 at $15.00 on a bid but the same seller had raised his S & H to $7.50.   All the others went for over $20.00 + shipping..   I think that its worth a try especially if an item does not sell.   The worst that can happen is that they say no and you are not out anything.  :01_bounce:

Yeah, I think that was what I paid. I guess he made some money on the shipping, but I thought the price was ok.

stage52

Hey Brother J,    That Earth Island Seller had  started that auction at $7.50 opening bid then it suddenly changed to a $15.00 opening bid.   You still got a deal. The copies were in nice shape.   I remember there was another seller a few years ago that had many minty copies of it and they went for $9.99.   I should have bought more copies back then.   I believe that Earth Island seller you purchased from still has many more copies of it because he got  a couple of sealed boxes of them at an Estate Sale of the Publisher of the Mag.   :01_bounce:

stage52

Just noticed the clock is off by about & hour ahead !!!    :01_wtf:

Rick Bradford

Thanks for the comments, guys!
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

over40artist

I have also used the best offer option to win a few comix. Sometimes I received counter offers from the sellers that I declined, since I felt my offer was quite reasonable.

Man, I paid $50+ for my Earth Island book! I suck! It was only VF+, so I really suck!

Brother J

Quote from: over40artist on April 26, 2008, 05:48:30 AM

Man, I paid $50+ for my Earth Island book! I suck! It was only VF+, so I really suck!

Well, it's not really your fault, that's what happens when someone discovers a hidden case of a before then "rare" book.  Case in point, I collect Valiant comics and a rare one was supposed to be the gold version of X-O Manowar # 1/2 from Wizard. I paid the equivalent of close to $200 worth of stuff in cash and trade. Later on, someone found a case of them and started blowing them out on eBay. The end result is now the book is worth about $30-$40.

over40artist

Yeah, but I only bought mine a year ago. I didn't notice there were all these cheap copies running around from an estate sale. :BangHead: