Tales Of Lost Times # 2

Started by awillis, November 13, 2007, 04:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awillis

Original Art- From the Original Lost Cause Productions (Copyright- Arnold Willis)
The following art was to have been the material for Tales Of Lost Times # 2 - 1982
It did not get published.

Front Cover by Chuck Phillips
Unfinished Rear Cover- Arnold Willis
Read Lost Cause Comix-
"Underground at it's Deepest"

50Cent #II (1st print)

Nice work.  If the interior artwork is/were done, what would it cost now to get it published?

Visitor Q

"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

awillis

QuoteNice work.  If the interior artwork is/were done, what would it cost now to get it published

I have to research the publishing costs.
I will need to look up the cover printer that I used back in the '70's and the '80's and see what they quote nowadays.
Same with the newsprint guts.
I never really gave it a thought as to finally publishing this comix after all these years.

I DO INTEND ON PUBLISHING LOST CAUSE COMIX # 4 and need to do the research listed above for that.   :thumbsup: :icon_weed:
Read Lost Cause Comix-

Brother J

Quote from: awillis on November 14, 2007, 04:07:00 PM
QuoteNice work.  If the interior artwork is/were done, what would it cost now to get it published

I have to research the publishing costs.
I will need to look up the cover printer that I used back in the '70's and the '80's and see what they quote nowadays.
Same with the newsprint guts.
I never really gave it a thought as to finally publishing this comix after all these years.

I DO INTEND ON PUBLISHING LOST CAUSE COMIX # 4 and need to do the research listed above for that.   :thumbsup: :icon_weed:

Have you ever thought about using Print On Demand to publish this book? It might be cheaper and that way you can have as many printed as you have demand for.

Brother J

Here's a link to a good article written by a guy who used to self-publish the old way, his latest book he put out with Print On Demand.

http://www.nyxcomics.com/catfish_comics/html/why_pod_.html

Another good example of a successful Print on Demand book is Mouse Guard. It started as Print On Demand and went on to become one of the most successful independent comics today

awillis

QuoteHave you ever thought about using Print On Demand to publish this book? It might be cheaper and that way you can have as many printed as you have demand for.

I'll look into it!  :thumbsup: :toothy9:

Our old ways were to assess that amount of cash we had available, check the printers to see how many we could afford to print, order them, hand fold- assemble- staple- trim, send copies off to the UG distributors hoping to get picked up, send copies to the fanzines hoping to get a good write-up (I miss Clay Geerdes's publication), place a few adds where ever possible and could afford, and sit back and wait for the orders to come in. Needless to say, I still have large back stocks of all of our titles. :3:

Thanks for the tip- Brother J!

P.S. to SirReal- Where's the "Tip o' da Hat" emoticon? :bannana:
Read Lost Cause Comix-

Brother J

Quote from: awillis on November 14, 2007, 06:56:58 PM
QuoteHave you ever thought about using Print On Demand to publish this book? It might be cheaper and that way you can have as many printed as you have demand for.

I'll look into it!  :thumbsup: :toothy9:

Our old ways were to assess that amount of cash we had available, check the printers to see how many we could afford to print, order them, hand fold- assemble- staple- trim, send copies off to the UG distributors hoping to get picked up, send copies to the fanzines hoping to get a good write-up (I miss Clay Geerdes's publication), place a few adds where ever possible and could afford, and sit back and wait for the orders to come in. Needless to say, I still have large back stocks of all of our titles. :3:

Thanks for the tip- Brother J!

P.S. to SirReal- Where's the "Tip o' da Hat" emoticon? :bannana:

Hey, I passed along the info for selfish reasons, I really want to see your books in print. I enjoy the heck out of your work and would like to see the remaining issues.

...and just for shits and giggles, I wanted to let you know I came across some comics from that "other" Lost Cause publisher when I was rooting through the .25 comic boxes at a local show. Boy, those were some bad books...something about spandex??