Vaughn Bode - Orange Bode

Started by Visitor Q, November 19, 2007, 10:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

For anyone who has the Orange Bode, could you please tell me if this picture is published in there?

Thanks.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Sir Real

Looks familiar.  I'll check when I get home tonight.
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

Visitor Q

Thanks! I would really appreciate that.

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Brother J

Bode was supposed to have a show on Friday night, but again, I completely missed it, not sure if they even actually had it or not. The show was mismanaged and I would never attend that show again. I found Carbonaro to be very obnoxious and his security people seemed overly aggressive. They didn't give me any problems because I had a badge, but they were pretty rough on a lot of the paying customers. I don't know, maybe that's how you have to be in New York City.

Visitor Q

When I talked with Mark he mentioned it to me, so I think it did happen as far as I know.

I did not see Carbonaro and even if I did, I don't think I would have known it... Never meet the guy.

As far as security people, I did not really take notice.

Jason

Brother J

Quote from: Ultimo Mondo Bizarro on November 19, 2007, 01:38:48 PM
When I talked with Mark he mentioned it to me, so I think it did happen as far as I know.

I did not see Carbonaro and even if I did, I don't think I would have known it... Never meet the guy.

As far as security people, I did not really take notice.

Jason

you would have heard Carbonaro before you would have seen him, he basically walks around yelling.  :director:

Visitor Q

HAH! Him and Wilson would make a good pair then.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wilson but I think it would be more fun to hang out with him rather than try to get him to draw something for you when he was drunk.

Jason

Visitor Q

Sir Real

Just went through it.  Twice.  Its not in Orange Bodé.

Visitor Q

Ok... Hmmm... Strange. I was told it was publish in the Orange but maybe that was the paper and not the book. Is the book the complete work of the paper do you know or only select parts?

Jason

dr_s

Quotebut they were pretty rough on a lot of the paying customers. I don't know, maybe that's how you have to be in New York City.
Ah New York, were the weak are killed and eaten.

Sir Real

Quote from: Ultimo Mondo Bizarro on November 20, 2007, 01:18:26 AM
Ok... Hmmm... Strange. I was told it was publish in the Orange but maybe that was the paper and not the book. Is the book the complete work of the paper do you know or only select parts?
I may very well have been in the Orange paper.  The style pretty much matches what is in the book.  Which, BTW, was printed as a catalog.  To wit, "The catalog presents all the Vaughn Bode work in my collection of Daily Orange tabloids from Syracuse University." by Bob Coughlin.  Bob had open bidding on every piece in the catalog, which closed on March 20, 1979.

Also, as noted in the first page...

"My thanks goes to Ned Brooks, who journeyed to Atlanta from Virginia to read through the collection, and who passed on the following tale:  Supposedly, Vaughn Bode, after turning pro, went back to Syracuse and destroyed most of this early work."

So, potentially, your page could very well be part of the Daily Orange.  It just didn't make it into the Orange Bode.

Visitor Q

Ok... So it is not a complete look then at the Orange or at least that is what I gather from your reply...

Jason

Visitor Q

So I guess I should ask then, does anyone know where this is published that can show proof?

Jason

gump

As a novice, I am wondering, what happened to the Orange catalog of cartoons that were for sale? I have a copy of Orange Bode, and everthing listed on the back cover seems to be a reasonable price..... lol.
what comes around, goes around, so wear protection