Peter Bagge

Started by Visitor Q, December 17, 2007, 12:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

Neatstuff Cover #13

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

50Cent #II (1st print)

R. Crumb really likes his work...

Visitor Q

Really? Where did you read that? I know he was in Weirdo...

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

50Cent #II (1st print)

R. Crumb picked him to edit it for a while between him and Aline doing it.  I think I read it in a Comics Journal article that he was praising Bagge as one of his favorites.

Visitor Q

Yeah I knew about him editing it, infact when I spoke to Peter I think I recall talking to him a little about Crumb. I speak to Dennis Worden a lot as well but I know he told me that he has never met Crumb but Bagge has.

Never read Comics Journal, infact I don't even own a single issue of it... How is it? Do they feature many artist like Crumb, Bagge etc.? Is it still an on going thing?

Jason

Rick Bradford

Quote from: Visitor Q on December 17, 2007, 01:42:44 AM
Never read Comics Journal, infact I don't even own a single issue of it... How is it? Do they feature many artist like Crumb, Bagge etc.? Is it still an on going thing?

Well, considering that the Comics Journal's publisher (Fantagraphics) also publishes Crumb and Bagge...

I actually haven't read it in a while but it's always worth checking out.

www.tcj.com/
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

Visitor Q

Thanks for the link.

Hey... Will you be getting anymore of those mini's from Bagge that had the girl on the cover? I don't remember the name of the mini...

Jason

Rick Bradford

Quote from: Visitor Q on December 18, 2007, 06:52:36 PM
Hey... Will you be getting anymore of those mini's from Bagge that had the girl on the cover? I don't remember the name of the mini...

Was that 'Donna's Day'? If so, it's hard to say -- I don't have another one at the moment though...
www.poopsheetfoundation.com
mini-comix history, cover galleries, forums, more

Visitor Q

Quote from: Rick Bradford on December 19, 2007, 04:26:28 PM
Quote from: Visitor Q on December 18, 2007, 06:52:36 PM

Was that 'Donna's Day'? If so, it's hard to say -- I don't have another one at the moment though...

Yes, thats the one.

I had my gf order me a bunch of books from you for xmas but when I looked for that one, it was no longer there. =/

Jason