Underground Comix Catalogue (Dutch)

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), August 22, 2008, 05:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

This arrived today from the Netherlands, appears to be a Dutch Index of U.S. Underground Comix by Clay Geerdes from Sept./Oct. 1973.

Scans for the Wiki.

wpbooks

So this is a reference work only? Is it only for works published and distributed in The Netherlands? Are there comics?  How many pages? Looks intriguing!

50Cent #II (1st print)

Yes, reference only.  Article by Clay Geerdes a little over 2 pages long, the rest is a Comix Index of U.S Ug's (not Dutch or Dutch printed) (+publisher reference and artist reference) 18 pages, looks to be by Jan Smet in Breda (with Olaf Stoop).  Looks a lot like a Kennedy Guide prototype without the prices.  Only art is what you see on the cover, back and one Rand Holmes Harold Hedd reprint in the interior.

Reverend

That's really disappointing. I was hoping that would be some sort of index of obscure Dutch books.

50Cent #II (1st print)

The Geerdes article mentions 2 Undergrounds that I guess never came out.

Velvet Vice by Deitch and Funny Aminal 2.

Also states the print run for the 2nd print of Facts of Life Sex Education Funnies had a print run of 100,000 (same as Zap Comix #6 first print).

RebelVisions

There is a compendium of Dutch underground comix. Illustration from "Tante Leny and the Dutch Underground Press" in Comic Art #7.

50Cent #II (1st print)

That figures that I've got issues #4, 5 (x2), 6, 8 of Comic Art.  Anyone have a #7 they want to trade for a copy of #5?

wpbooks

Sorry, but I had my dupes bound into a hardcover volume, but since you are in LA somewhere....When I was there I was in a shop that was attached to a gallery...La Luz Jesus something, and they had a spin rack with copies of Comic Art #7 on it, and that was a month ago.  I think it was on Sunset out by Echo Park area, if that helps...

dr_s

This is why god created the internet http://www.comicartmagazine.com/archive.php
oops, didn't notice that they didn/t have it for sale any more.