Ebay warning thread...

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), November 13, 2007, 10:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Real

Quote from: Brother J on December 10, 2007, 07:22:07 PMI don't know if you recall, but I mentioned this seller to you before over on the other board. They've been doing this for a while.

LOL!  Now I know why I didn't remember this.   :smokin:   I was feeling way too mellow at the time.
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

50Cent #II (1st print)

50Cent #II (1st print)

50Cent #II (1st print)

Uh oh, looks like amazing-adventures doesn't know the difference between a 1st and 2nd print of Fat Freddy's Cat #1 (or is that what 1st Edition is referring too?)...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fat-Freddys-Cat-1-1977-1st-Ed-Rip-Off-Press_W0QQitemZ330182210690QQihZ014QQcategoryZ12589QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Brother J

This one has to be a scam:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150212189407

seller has no feedback, has an extremely rare item and won't accept Paypal. Oh boy...

Reverend

Thanks for posting this, you saved me the time.

I find it odd that the guy created a new account just to sell this item and, as an added bonus, doesn't accept PayPal. He also fails to mention which edition he's selling and appears to be using what looks to be a stock photo (nice drop shadow!).

:eviltongue:

Comix Junky

Starting bid 99cent. If i had an ebay account, I'd risk a buck on it.
Probably come back "reserve not met"

Collecting is a disease = Obsessive-Possessive Disorder.
---------------
Slabbing Undergrounds is sacrilege.
---------------
The phrase "Action 1 of the Undergrounds"
makes my skin crawl.

Brother J

Quote from: Comix Junky on February 02, 2008, 10:03:15 PM
Starting bid 99cent. If i had an ebay account, I'd risk a buck on it.
Probably come back "reserve not met"

There's no reserve.

over40artist

I asked the seller about that Morse's Funnies comic; was it printed on one side or both sides of the interior pages? He replied that it was on both sides, making it a 2nd print (and more desirable than the first print in my mind). He said he got the comic from Morse's wife, who was a friend of his.

Then I asked for a larger photo of the comic book. Two days later, the auction was pulled. Don't know if that was because it was a scam or because he sold it.

It just looked too damn new to be the genuine article, but it seems we'll never know for certain. I'm sure you've all read the warning in Fogel about the 2nd print....

50Cent #II (1st print)

I was hoping to bid on this item.  I had it on my search list and contacted the seller right after it was listed.  Then I saw the post here and thought it was funny that you guys discredit it without checking further.  The seller is Keith Bendis and you can search on google to find out more about this ARTIST.  He offered to let me pick it up if I wanted to in Ancram, NY.  I was willing to take the chance after reading up on who he is.  Jay, isn't this near your neck of the woods.

http://www.keithbendis.com/BENDISintro.html