Adventures of Fat Freddy's Cat

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), July 22, 2008, 03:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

Anyone ever seen the 3rd print with $5.95 cover price of this book?  I think that Fogel might have mixed it up with the other edition of the book that had a different format (all yellow cover) with the 1st print with a $4.95 cover price.  I've seen plenty of pics of the $3.95 and $4.95 editions of the book.  Also, what year was the all yellow cover edition?  Fogel's states 1977, but I think that's the first edition that has the same cover as the first 3 issues of the comix series.

I believe the different format revised edition came out like this:

1st print of first book $4.95 (1980)
1st print of 2nd issue ("More Adventures...) $4.95 (1981)
2nd print of first book $5.95 (1982)

Also, anyone have any scans of the second? Collected Adventures... that came out in 1990 or so?

wpbooks

I am holding in my hand the edition I believe you are inquiring about.  It is the oblong, Garfield shaped edition of The Adventures of Fat Freddy's Cat, and is yellow.  On the printing history page it is a stated 3rd Printing (revised edition) - August 1982.  I would call it a "First Thus" as the preceeding states are "First Printing - October 1977", probably the $3.95 cover you won at Ebay recently, and Second Printing - July 1978.  The ISBN is 0-89620-058-2. The cover price is $5.95. It is 160 pages + covers.   Hope this helps, 50.

50Cent #II (1st print)

Thanks for the info. WP.  It's kind of helps in that this info. makes me think there was never a $4.95 edition of the revised (all yellow oblong) book and the FUG should be updated unless someone else has the all yellow cover version that has a $4.95 cover price?

wpbooks

It would only make sense if the next published printing had a price reduction which would be unusual but not unheard of...Hydrogen Bomb Funnies-like!

50Cent #II (1st print)

Actually I thought from the FUG that it was the first edition had 2 printings at $3.95 and $4.95 (and the $5.95 never existed) and then the oblong revised edition had 2 printings at $4.95 and $5.95.  But now it appears that there was just the first edition with 2 printings and then the revised edition with a $5.95 cover price.