Image Posting

Started by Sir Real, November 09, 2007, 04:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Real

I wonder if this is possible.  I know that I can post images from my own site...

...but is it possible to post images that are on the Wiki?
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

Visitor Q

You mean images from the Wiki into the forum pages?

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Sir Real

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Visitor Q

"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Sir Real

That's what I needed.  Didn't know if that fancy php code would work that way.

I'll bet it would work in the CPG forums, too.

ProJunior

Visitor Q said:

>How's this?

OK, for images from the Wiki to the forum but how do you post an image from your home computer to the forum?

-ProJunior :BangHead:
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

ProJunior

Testing for image loading from another site.

YEA, it worked!

-ProJunior  (Thank goodness for PhotoBucket!  Just found out about it.  <g>)
:laughing9:
Are we part of the moral potential being made complete on the pitchfork of Elmer Fudd?
- Chuck Moulton

Visitor Q

Sir Real

There's always the "Attach" function.  I believe that works pretty good, too.

ProJunior

Sir Real said:

>There's always the "Attach" function.  I believe that works pretty good, too.

Well, y'know, I thought about that but I figured that just attaching it wouldn't make it show up in the msg. itself, but rather you'd have to click on it to bring it up in another window like you do with attachments in many e-mail programs, but maybe that's not the way it works here, so I'll try attaching a graphic & see what happens.  Thanx for the tip!

ProJunior :happy7:

- Chuck Moulton

ProJunior

Dang!  I've been having a helluva time trying up upload a copy of the cover of Tales of Sex & Death, #2.  Put one in the thumbs dir. but it came out too big.  Put one in the covers dir. & the name changed:  the "&" became an underscore instead.  Weird!  I'm definitely doing something wrong but not sure what it is at this pt.

-ProJunior
:01_wtf:
- Chuck Moulton

50Cent #II (1st print)

Only letters and numbers in the names of files/pictures.

Sir Real

Heya ProJunior,
I think I see the problem.  For every comix listed, there should be two separate images; a small one, and a big one.  The small image, or thumbnail, is what's displayed on the comix listing.  The big image is what's displayed when you click on the thumbnail image.

In general, I like to make my thumbnails 100px high.

ProJunior

Great!  Thanx for the tips from both of you.  Actually, I was starting to figure out that there needed to be 2 sep. images but now I'll have to learn how to downsize my covers to 100px high.  Also, I'll now know not to use "&" anymore.  <g>  All I have left to figure out is the syntax to make the images appear in the listing & also to make the big ones come up when you click them.  It's a learning curve.  <g>

-ProJunior
:01_bounce:
- Chuck Moulton

Sir Real

As far as the syntax goes, have you seen the Wiki Tutorial Pages?