U.K. Fritz the Cat or Underground Comics?

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), February 26, 2008, 09:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

Anyone know what U.G. this is or have a pic. of the cover:

"UNDERGROUND COMICS "featuring FRITZ THE CAT" (UK/British Underground Comics Mag; Large 100 page squarbound MAG of American Underground Comics; 30 pages of ROBERT CRUMB; OTEG by Richard CORBEN, Furry Freak Sisters, New Strips; Grevel Lindop Intro page; Fritz the Cat, Mr. Natural, Projunior; IDYL by Jeff Jones; Tantric Tales; Denis Kitches; S. Clay Wilson; LORD OF THE RINGS portfolio by Jim Cawthorn; When Drams Collide by Richard CORBEN, Scarce; FN, with Tape residue on spine, thus VG $24);"

My Fritz the Cat (U.K.) bootleg sure isn't 100 pages...

Reverend

For some reason, I missed this thread (it's showing as being new).

The item you're referencing here is very curious, to say the least. It appears to be an Australian bootleg edition of British bootlegs. I know that sounds weird, but the stories in the later half of the book are laid out in the same order as they are in Hot Gravy. The cover price is $5.00 on this one and it was printed back in the '70s. Ouch!

Reverend

As an addendum to the previous post, it was printed (and presumably sold) in Australia but was also sold in England. I really have to wonder if there isn't some sort of tie to the mysterious J.J. Flash who printed many of the British bootleg comix. I've been trying to find out who he was to no avail whatsoever.

Sir Real

Quote from: Reverend on August 28, 2008, 04:40:22 PM
I really have to wonder if there isn't some sort of tie to the mysterious J.J. Flash who printed many of the British bootleg comix. I've been trying to find out who he was to no avail whatsoever.

I'd be curious about that, too.
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri