Robert Crumb Stories

Started by muutanet, March 20, 2008, 02:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muutanet

Since I've got a lot of foreign prints and collection books of Robert Crumb comics, I had to build up a "Robert Crumb Stories" page.

http://headcomix.info/wiki/doku.php?id=robert_crumb_stories

It lists all stories I could dig out. Majority of them I have seen by myself, but for example Arcade ones I had to steal from Sir Real's impressive site.

Sir Real: In Arcade #7 (1976) there is mentioned Drawings From My Sketchbook (8 pages). Is it clearly a collection of separate drawings or are they combined somehow as a comic story format. Like for instance Art Drawings by Crumb (2 pages) - Weirdo 2, 1981 or Girls Girls Girls (1 page) - XYZ Comics, 1972 or several other marginally comics format drawings.

MuutaNet

Sir Real

Jaw-droppingly awesome!

muutanet, the Arcade #7 "Drawings From My Sketchbook" looks to be a sequence of pages from a sketchbook.  No story involved.  The paper is even ruled like notebook paper.  They range from a drawing of Mysterious Mose, to "Irrigation Ditch", cartoony to realistic.

I hope that answered your question.
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

muutanet

Thanks Sir Real. I'll drop it out from stories list. If I ever have any force to list all of his picts (which sounds impossible task), I'll add this one into there. :7

MuutaNet

muutanet

One more question:

Do you happened to remember, where these ones were originally printed:

* Goof on It! (2 pages) - INFO NEEDED!; Bible of Filth, 1986
* Shooshoo Baby (1 page) - INFO NEEDED!; Bible of Filth, 1986

MuutaNet

bdcues

Fabulous list, MuutaNet, so many hours of digging. Crumb must be in close to 200 books by now giving you lots of work yet to do. Very impressive. Bob

muutanet

Well, Bob, I checed through The Official Underground and Newave Comix Price-Guide and there is now listed all R. Crumb comics till year 1982, I presume. My u-comix collection is not that impressive as yours. :7

MuutaNet

muutanet

P.S. U-comix Price-Guide by Jay Kennedy says, there ought to be in Slow Death #2 (1970) on pg 33 - immediately after Richard Corben's brilliant How Howie Made It In Real World - Robert Crumb stuff with Stephen Vincent poem and Gary Grimshaw [comics story excerpt from Slow Death Funnies #1]. My print is 5th or so (anyway with cover price of $1.00). There is no poem, nor Robert Crumb stuff on that page. Instead it has got "Doloop Letter Page", letter (and answer for it) from Kristen Carpenter. Does it exists in other prints?

MuutaNet

50Cent #II (1st print)

It was only in the 1st print, it's small art, my 2nd print has the "Doloop" page.  I'll post a scan.  I have an extra 1st print in probably Fine condition you can have for cheap if you want.

Visitor Q

"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

muutanet

Thanks 50Cent. I think it's worth to mention on Slow Death #2 page. I'll add it.

MuutaNet

50Cent #II (1st print)

MuutaNet, were you the one that lives in Germany?

bdcues

MuutaNet, I think your list is more impressive than my collection. I have already printed it out to save. Many thanks, Bob

muutanet

Nope. It was pupise, who's from Germany. He's got helluva collection. Majority of scans on this site are from him! I'm just interested of massive lists (collecting second hand infos in one place). :7

I do trust on The Official Underground and Newave Comix Price-Guide by Jay Kennedy like a bible! I haven't seen any major mistakes on it. Cannot even remember ANY mistakes right now.

I'm from Finland, by the way. And my field is Richard Corben, http://muuta.net

MuutaNet