Little Nuns

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), June 15, 2008, 04:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

Here's one I couldn't find any info. on. It's from 1989 and titled Little Nuns.  Has a lot of single page cartoons of these evil pair of Nuns with lots of sexual, racial, anti-Semitic and anti-Catholic/Satanic references.
Couldn't find anything on google.  Anyone have any info?  Don't know what the Caerleon referes to except to find it's a town in Wales, U.K.

Seems to parody Bill O'Malley's book Two Little Nuns from 1950 or 1952 he did for Extension magazine.
http://www.pbase.com/csw62/two_little_nuns

50Cent #II (1st print)

The only thing after further research I could find is a Cesar Lindhersch somehow associated with this MySpace page.  I don't think I want to find out any more...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=3869423

wpbooks

That "Art That Kills" book is quite amusing....Thumbed through it at Borders....Don't let his page fool you...guy's probably a Mathlete.

Reverend

That MySpace page belongs to the son of the founder and former High Priest of the Church of Satan, Anton Szandor LaVey. Some years ago, I used to be a big collector of CoS-related ephemera, especially where LaVey himself was concerned.

wpbooks

He and his "wife" Blanche used to come in a bookstore I worked at around 17-18 years ago on an almost regular basis.  LaVey was a pretty interesting guy who pretty much came off like an old Jewish Borscht Belt guy.  I remember him buying some Sci-fi books...Van Vogt, maybe??? The weird Satanist that I met was a guy named Michael Aquino, who ran The Temple Of Set.  His stepson was an employee of mine at a video store in North Beach I used to manage.  One day he took me to the Temple for a tour, and I just remember thinking that those folks took themselves way too seriously...In fact Aquino was some kind of muckety-muck at the Presidio and there was a scandal around 20 years ago involving him at the time of Mcmartin and the other Satanic abuse shit that was going down...not much came of it...Were you ever into material about The Process...my personal fave of the "satanic" cult movements.  I try to find anything on those folk....from their literature/magazines to books about them or one's that have even a chapter or two (Satan's Power, The Family, etc.)  Always looking for stuff on them and the Mel Lyman family group, if anyone reading this has anything they may wish to part with at a popular price????

dr_s

A shame the effect Mel had on Jim Kweskin, one of my favorite musicians

wpbooks

I like those albums, though!

dr_s

I loved the kweskin albums, and saw him live many times. Even at Carnegie Hall. However, just when he was about to make it big time, he dissolved the band and went with Mel.