Pacific Comics

Started by 50Cent #II (1st print), July 07, 2008, 08:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50Cent #II (1st print)

I know this company was an 80's independant and that Corben did work on some Twisted Tales, but just read that there was a Rand Holmes story in Twisted Tales #5 that was considered probably the most gruesome of the series...

There was two early comics by PC that where about half the size of a comic book that are hard to come by, Heroes of Sports and Famous Movie Stars of the 1930's that you might want to keep an eye out for if you want to complete a PC series of 110 issues.
I'm a fan of PC comics, especially the Alien Worlds and Twisted Tales series.

Here's some info. on those series because it may be confusing.

PC originally came out with Alien Worlds #1-7, Alien Worlds 3-D and Twisted Tales #1-8.  Eclipse Comics took over both titles and published Alien World #8 & 9 and Twisted Tales #9 & 10 (1985).  Eclipse also produced a TPB for both in 1986, the Twisted Tales has a Dave Stevens cover.

From 1985-1987, Eclipse came out with a similar series to Alien Worlds titled Alien Encounters that had 14 issues.  This is not to be confused with a Fantico 1-shot from 1981, also called Alien Encounters.

Eclipse also came out with a similar series called Tales of Terror that had 13 issues (1985-1987).

In 1986 Blackthorne Publishing came out with an Alien Worlds 1-shot, as well as a Twisted Tales 3-D #1 (#7 in the Blackthorne 3-D series).

Visitor Q

Didn't they also put out some issues of Groo?

You looking for issues?

I got the following if you need any...

Twisted Tales      1         
Twisted Tales      2         
Twisted Tales      3         
Twisted Tales      9      
Twisted Tales      10   

Jason      
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

50Cent #II (1st print)

Thanks, but I have almost all 110 put out by PC.

Visitor Q

Twisted Tales had 110 issues?

Seriously???

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

wpbooks

Quote from: Visitor Q on July 07, 2008, 10:43:44 PM

Seriously???

Jason

I think he means that the entire run of Pacific Comics was around 110 issues....I have about that many from that publisher, but not quite...

Reverend

I think the first instance of a Groo comic was done by Pacific, but I could be mistaken.

RebelVisions

Rand Holmes artwork were in these issues of Pacific Comics. He didn't write the stories.

Alien Worlds #8    1984      "Stony End" (8) (color)
3D Alien Worlds   1985      "Spaceman Go Home" (9)

Twisted Tales #2   1983      "Speed Demons" (7) (color)
Twisted Tales #5   1984      "Banjo Lessons" (9) (color)

Banjo Lessons caused the most reaction. It has a surprise twist about racism.  It involves a black man portrayed as a labrador retriever.

Visitor Q

Quote from: wpbooks on July 07, 2008, 10:48:51 PM
Quote from: Visitor Q on July 07, 2008, 10:43:44 PM

Seriously???

Jason

I think he means that the entire run of Pacific Comics was around 110 issues....I have about that many from that publisher, but not quite...

Oh... Ok. I was gonna say... LOL!

Jason

50Cent #II (1st print)

Looks like an interesting article on Underground Comix and Pacific Comics.
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/bands/2008/jul/08/the-birth-of-image-comics-plus-pacific-comics-the-/

The San Diego Reader also had the original Pacific Comics article that's no longer available online.