It's GONE!

Started by Sir Real, November 08, 2007, 01:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Real

I just noticed.  I'm Karma-less.

I tried passing out some good karma,  :pottytrain5: but I got stymied.
Timeo Hominem Unius Libri

Visitor Q

I guess I will fess up on this one. I don't believe in Karma and thought it was pretty gay so I turned it off. :gay:

If it means that much to you, I will turn it back on if you like?

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Sir Real

Egads, I wouldn't want you to feel Gay!  I just noticed its absence, and felt like having a low-grade hissy fit.
:dancing2:

Visitor Q

Hey you just remember who had a lovers spat with the Gay Comix guy, not I.  :tongue3:

Jason
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Brother J

I just bought a copy of Gay Comix (#8, with the Bizarro back cover). I've been looking for that cover for a long time since seeing it in the Fogel guide. I finally figured out it was a flipbook.

Visitor Q

Well I hope you did not go out of your way to buy it.

Jason

Brother J

Quote from: Ultimo Mondo Bizarro on November 09, 2007, 10:11:28 AM
Well I hope you did not go out of your way to buy it.

Jason

I bought it off eBay, once I knew it was a flipbook and what the other cover was, it was pretty easy to find. I bought it for the cover, not for what's inside.

I own another issue of Gay Comics, as well, the issue that included Sam Kieth's "The Maxx" on the cover. I'm also looking for the issue that has the gay character from Omaha The Cat Dancer on the cover.

Just because I'm not gay doesn't mean I can't own...GAY COMIX!  :gay:

Visitor Q

Sir Real

Visitor Q

What do I have to protest about?

Jason

Brother J

My wife doesn't think I'm gay, even though she probably thinks I'm a dork!  :happy8:

over40artist

I have 9 issues of Gay Comix. Admittedly, I avoided the title at first, but then I got one in a bulk purchase or something and found it was actually pretty funny. So I don't mind picking them up (they go cheap, usually) when convenient. There's some good comix there, some lesbian sex, some great art, some feminist stuff, and some very interesting insights into a lifestyle that is foreign to me.

Not that I'm looking for an end-to-end run or anything, mind you!

Now the really gay comic is Gay Hearthrobs. I've got a couple of those and it's more about male gay sexuality without the politics. Still very interesting if you're not a homophobe and you're secure in your masculinity, as I am.
:marchmellow:

awillis

I would say that if a person can read S. Clay Wilson's works, one can read anything.

"The pirate, his mind gone, blew a dead clitlicker" [sic]

Love his work, by the by.

My favorite quote- "Nice day for something."
Read Lost Cause Comix-
"Underground at it's Deepest"

Visitor Q

Yeah I really dig S. Clay's work but 90% of it I could not hang up. I'm more or less cool with all he does but the sacreligious stuff.

Jason