Please Add These Scans To The Wiki

Started by Visitor Q, April 08, 2008, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitor Q

Could someone please add the follwing scans to the Wiki and credit my good friend Dr. Arnold Scheiman.

I have resized them and made them all into .jpg.

Thanks.

Jason

ps. More to come...
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Visitor Q

More
"Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Visitor Q

Visitor Q

More

Visitor Q

More

Visitor Q

More

Visitor Q

Visitor Q

Visitor Q

Visitor Q

More

Visitor Q

More

Visitor Q

More

Visitor Q

This is the last of the batch for now but as you know, Arnold has a large collection so there is much more to come. =]

If you add any of this to the Wiki, please verbally check off the ones you have done so we can keep track of what still needs to be added.

Thanks for your help and if I get some free time I will be helping add these as well but for now I at least have them up here rather than sitting on my PC.

Jason

dr_s

A couple of comments. Don't add the Dan Fogel. I bought that off Dan as a goof. It was something he did as a grade schooler. Not a comic. Just a cover drawn in the form of a comic. In fact it is a drawing. The Heroes Hangouts both came out in 64. One of them, I think the Fantasy version, might be Voice of Comicdom 1. I say might, since, while I know that HH is the #1 VOC, there seems to be at least 4 different #1s in print. Does anyone know for sure which is FOC #1.  I did about 30 more, which Fitty cents has and that I will send to Jason. With exceptions of the Fogel and the FF, these are the A titles that I could get to. I have many more As to go,  but they are not in a readily available place, (Ho Ho Ho) And then, as they said in Dude Where's My Car, there are the Bs etc.

Reverend

I've actually added some of those already, Jason, but don't have time to check off which ones.

One quick note, however: That cover of Acme Comics with "Brooklyn Breaks Away" is not #3, but #5. I just checked the indicia of my copy to verify. The other copies of Acme (barring the issue with the barbarian cover) are not associated with Pratt Institute, but Phantasy Press. That series of Acme ran for 10 issues, while Pratt's ran for 7 (Kennedy skipped #5 and probably didn't know about #7).